It's here! Improved Model D

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your rifles.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Re: It's here! Improved Model D

Post by Tank » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:00 pm

zunmik wrote:Looking very good I've never owned older rifles always been pistols perhaps something I should consider, M.
Well Mick, in my opinion everyone should own at least one old Bang Stick.

It caused quite a few people to think about things in a bit of perspective, the rifle is over a hundred and five years old, I can "ring the bell" with it. If your heart is in shooting and the history and traditions of shooting (not all of them, some of the "traditions" are a bit odious in my opinion) there is nothing nicer than the idea of competing against other, much more technical equipment. Ian Jones recounted a story to me recently, he was competing in a Field Target competition with such a gun and he called for quiet on the line after a couple of "dink's" but after quiet he knocket the target down first shot. Next guy up - Leupold Scope, custom rig, missed. He quietly whispered to Ian - "I just can't face getting up :oops: !"

Think about that, one guy is competiong against another, the scope alone on one competitors rig cost FIVE times more than the others complete get up.
It's not about the kit, it's about the sport. The moment it becomes more important to have the latest and greatest, stop and reflect.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:50 pm

As an ex - Ft shooter for many years I know about the high Tec kit boy's, I always shot springer's, and enjoyed beating them till I was forced to retire due to medical issues in the late 90's, that's when I moved on to pistols, just recently I have been shooting rifles again provided that their not to damn heavy, I still prefer springer's that's why I shoot my "izzie" more than the walther doing ok with it now. At the forthcoming Fayre @ Melbourne i'll have a look @ some of the "old-uns" to try, and get some ideas for a future purchase, M. :think:
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Really nice rifle Graham - thanks for letting me have a quick shoot with it - a very enjoyable experience and it had a surprisingly smooth action too.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Thank's Bob for the kind words. Jim was over today and he was hitting the spinners on my 25 yard range with it, with pellets too! :mrgreen:
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/