A decent rifle ?

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your rifles.
Eightball
Re: A decent rifle ?

Post by Eightball » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks everybody for the advice. I'm sure this will help inform me in my choice of what to buy. I also read zunmiiks post in this forum about his baikal and showed my son some pictures of the gun and he liked it a lot due to its tactical look, would this be a good option for a bit of garden shooting? Had a look online and it seems a very inexpensive way to get him started. Also think it was Bill who mentioned I should take into account our build when choosing what to buy- I'm pretty average 5-11" &13 stone but my son is a very small 13 year old. Thanks Ian

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Eightball wrote:Thanks everybody for the advice. I'm sure this will help inform me in my choice of what to buy. I also read zunmiiks post in this forum about his baikal and showed my son some pictures of the gun and he liked it a lot due to its tactical look, would this be a good option for a bit of garden shooting? Had a look online and it seems a very inexpensive way to get him started. Also think it was Bill who mentioned I should take into account our build when choosing what to buy- I'm pretty average 5-11" &13 stone but my son is a very small 13 year old. Thanks Ian
This review by Todd Cooper might help in deciding, obviously I think their great, M.

http://my.tbaytel.net/coopers/BaikalIZHReview/
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:20 pm

One final point I'd like to make . Go along to your nearest air rifle club and you will probably find members who will let you try out their rifles for fit and it will allow you to view differing scopes . Normally air rifle club members are pretty affable and will be more than ready to offer you sound advice . My point is try before you buy . Buy in haste repent at leisure.
Good Luck
Bill