Bsa meter mk2 mounts

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your rifles.
shotgun sam
Bsa meter mk2 mounts

Post by shotgun sam » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:57 pm

I have a bsa meter mk2 the one with groves cut for mounts I seem to remember that the mounts were an odd size can anyone confirm what size of mounts I need

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Bsa meter mk2 mounts

Post by pmh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 pm

John G, and zooma if he remembers, should know, as we recently fitted mounts to an60s air sporter which had a similar problem.

Hopefully, they'll be along soon to comment.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:51 pm

I have a Mk 2 Airsporter that has the two pairs of short scope grooves cut into it, and my pal John has a Mk 2 with the regular type of continuous scope rails cut into the cylinder top.

Both need different types of scope mounts as they are different widths - but both present their own problems when trying to find good fitting scope mounts as even the Mk 2 with the regular type of continuous scope grooves has them cut very shallow, whereas the type with the two pairs of scope grooves have them cut very wide but they are cut to a decent depth.

My Mk 2 gave me lots of problems - I asked for help on the BBS forum ( pre CAPA) and was recommended at least two different types that would fit - I bought them both and neither would fit!

Only recently ( after two years of searching) it was my pal John that came up with a pair of "adjustable width" scope mounts that he had bought many years ago for use on a firearms rifle and these ( after a suitable swap of other items was arranged) finally solved my problem and allowed me to fit a scope to it for the very first time!

Meanwhile John continues to search for a pair of scope mounts with very fine jaws to fit his shallow cut scope grooves but for now has settled on the original period 4 x 20 BSA scope that I had laying around as the pressed steel mounts fit the scope grooves on his Mk 2 perfectly.

I do have another of these original BSA scopes with the integrated pressed steel mount if your scope grooves are like Johns. If you have the two pairs of wide grooves like mine you will need to find a pair of "adjustable width" types like I have to do the job for you.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

shotgun sam

Post by shotgun sam » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Zooma,

Thanks for that I have the one with the seperate groves cut in the main boby of the rifle.

Sam