FWB 65-80 and 90 cocking lever

A place to share your projects, technical advice. and tutorials
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
FWB 65-80 and 90 cocking lever

Post by Tank » Sat May 18, 2013 6:20 pm

This is something that has always been a contentious issue. The cocking lever of the Feinwerkbau pistols, the "springers" models 65-80 and 90 have an issue with the pivot pin. The factory solution was to pien the end of the hole over, damaging the threads, I am not a fan of this method and to accomplish it successfully you really need a Jig to hold the breech while you crease the threads. Here you can see at "twelve o'clock" the original pien mark:

The solution: I have started to use is Loctite 248. This is a non setting threadlock which makes dis-assembly relatively easy - IF you use a good quality screwdriver that fits the slot correctly. The worst possible thing you can do is use a screwdriver - or any tool - that is made to a price, I am alluding to those made of half steel/half Curry powder mix!

The single most important thing to do prior to the application of the threadlock is to remove any oil or grease in the threads. I use Brake Cleaner which is readily available but as long as you are satisfied the threads are reasonably clean - Off you go!
I would not really suggest you use a full-on setting type so called "full strength" Loctite type product as the thread is metric fine and it is all too easy to strip the threads if you do.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Re: FWB 65-80 and 90 cocking lever

Post by beeker » Sun May 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanks for posting this Graham , most helpful . :D I have had major problems with this issue , hopefully no longer.