Posting pictures

A place to share your projects, technical advice. and tutorials
Billy n
Posting pictures

Post by Billy n » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Help iam trying to post a picture of my walther cp1and all I keep getting is picture to large how do I reduce the size to enable to post

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Posting pictures

Post by pmh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:26 pm

You'll need an art package, many available to download for free.

These have a resize picture seeing which legs you reduce the pixel size. If you select "maintain aspect ratio" just enter 600 pixels for width and the height will adjust proportionally. You then just need to save the newly sized picture.

You can have wider than 600, but wider pictures don't always display properly on some tablets.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:54 pm

I have asked the same question a couple of times and this seems to be the most simple solution. I have Adobe Photoshop 5.0 which has a resize function, so just out of curiosity I resized a photo down to 600 pixels width and the photo just became smaller on the screen, is this normal?. Also what is the limit for photo's on the forum? is it by pixels total or by image size { kb or mb]? I know the two are related so if I resize a photo what am I looking to achieve? bellringer

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:54 pm

That's normal, it will show the resized picture in proportion to it's original size, so it will suddenly appear small.

If you closed the original and the resized pictures down then reopened the resized, it will appear big again on the screen. This is just a zoom function of the art package.

The system is set for 1200 pixels, but I sick to 800 pixels normally. That said, these apart cropped on Android, so I now post 600 pixels.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<