Ring my Bell

A place to promote your Bell Target Shooting Club, and publish upcoming competitions and results.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Ring my Bell

Post by Tank » Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 am

Very recently I was fortunate enough to obtain a copy of "Ring my Bell" by Frank Spittle. There is a downloadable version of this fine story but the book itself is far more comprehensive. I have approached the gentleman who has the website www.belltarget.com (also a member here) and asked if we can host a copy of this fine .pdf file.

On the very back cover of "Ring my Bell" there is a short note - it reads: "next book - Tell us a Story" which was obviously Frank Spittles next project. I am working on collating some of those stories and anecdotes and they will be published here, soon I hope, that we may all enjoy them and they are not lost forever.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

belltarget

Re: Ring my Bell

Post by belltarget » Mon May 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Bell Target shooting is a very unknown version of Air Rifle Shooting. I am learning all the time.
It may will be the oldest form of competitive Air Rifle shooting still going with it roots back to the 1890's with some suggestions as early as 1860.

Tank you are welcome to use any infor or pictures from the site you wish. It aim is to promote and educate we have about 50 visitors every day to the site. As a direct result of the site new clubs have been created around the world.

There will be Bell Target shooting at the Midlands Game Fair in September.
Plus Walton Lions have a big open day on July 7th (www.waltonlions.co.uk)
Frank never got to his next book and I look forward to your posts on here.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Tue May 14, 2013 9:38 pm

That should make for a fascinating read . Does anyone know of any bell target shooting taking place in Scotland ?
Bill

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Wed May 15, 2013 7:59 am

Franks book really is a nice read - and very informative too,

I especially like the related social history associated with bell target shooting such as the effort to raise cash to help their own local community for those that were ill and for the children with no shoes - a very good history lesson.

Highly recommended !
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

belltarget

Post by belltarget » Wed May 15, 2013 8:27 am

I know of no teams in scotland. (time to start one Zooma did).
The birmingham Childrens Hospital cup started in 1923 and has raise many thousands over the years.
The cup still exsists and if theres enough interest (but requires travelling) it may be shot for again.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed May 15, 2013 9:16 am

belltarget wrote: The cup still exsists and if theres enough interest (but requires travelling) it may be shot for again.
Now there is the beginnings of a plan!
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 pm

zooma wrote:and for the children with no shoes
I. J. might be interested in this, as I believe he is after a new pair of wellies. :happy-jumpyellow:

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<