"SLUGS"

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of collectable pellets and tins.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
"SLUGS"

Post by zunmik » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:17 pm

When i was a kid (not to long ago :wink: ) my first rifle was an Original break barrel that looked like a "pop" gun, and i used to shoot Cat Slugs through it, could'nt afford pellets. The reason for the thread is that i never see Slugs of any make mentioned when people discuss antique/veteran air guns!!. M. :?
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:52 pm

I have seen a few boxes of Cat Slugs on ebay recently.

Not a brand I am familiar with,  but they look interesting,  and I wouldn't mind a box for the collection.

They are quite expensive though.

Kind regards,

Phil

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:04 pm

pmh:509 wrote:I have seen a few boxes of Cat Slugs on ebay recently.

Not a brand I am familiar with,  but they look interesting,  and I wouldn't mind a box for the collection.

They are quite expensive though.

Kind regards,

Phil
We used to buy these because i) they were cheap ii) they really did howl if you made them ricochet
I asked about them elsewhere quite recently and the answer there was the same - expensive! Great fun though:-))
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 pm

When I was a kid growing up in Northumberland we called all pellets 'slugs' - cant remember anyone saying 'pellet'

:)

webley ken

Post by webley ken » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:27 pm

I have a couple of boxes of slugs in my pellet collection. One is a box of KING slugs contents 100, the other is a box of TARGET slugs contents 500. Both straight sided slugs (pellets). all the rest are waisted pellets.

Regards,

Ken
Another Webley air gun I didn't realise I needed until I saw it. (Don't tell the Wife)