Battle of Britain

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of collectable pellets and tins.
mitchell301
Plinker
Plinker
Battle of Britain

Post by mitchell301 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Took my new crimbo pressie..... a Webley Hurricane, up to the club today. Took several different makes of pellet to see which was most consistent. It didnt seem to like AA's, JSB Exacts, Hobby's,  Wasps etc.....but thoroughly enjoyed vintage Marksmans through it........but the most accurate & consistent pellet today for my Hurricane was......."Spitfires!!!
illegitimi non-carborundum descenda

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Interesting how it didn't like any of the traditional pellets.

I have noticed a difference between pellet makes for differing calibres.

For example a .22 Air Arms mike like AA Diabolo Field, but the .177 version of the same gun doesn't.

I have found you can't go far wrong with a Superdome.

Never tried Spitfires.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

mitchell301
Plinker
Plinker

Post by mitchell301 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:34 pm

I only had spitfires because my Webley Nemesis loves them. I've also got spitfires in .177 (r/head & pointed), but none of my pistols seem to like them. The Hurricane today seemed to prefer pointed over r/head. At least I now know that I've got an undemanding and inexpensive little filly. Interesting to see that both my Webley .22's thrive on spitfires. I've tried Spitfire .177's in my Webley Junior..... terrible scatter. So, for me, there is a definate difference with a smaller calibre of the same make of pellet.
illegitimi non-carborundum descenda