RWS Meisterkugeln

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of collectable pellets and tins.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Re:

Post by zooma » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:07 pm

pmh wrote:Try them in a Weihrauch or a Feinwerkbau, and you'll be fine!  :D

I could only find one phonetic break down, and I am not too sure of the credibility of that!

"This is how you pronounce meisterkugeln. M-eye-stir-cool-gen" GELN is the last bit :ugeek: - the rest is pretty good :clap:

Knd regards,

Phil
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zooma

Re: RWS Meisterkugeln

Post by zooma » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Our local model shop has always stocked and sold airgun pellets and currently "orders in" the Meisterkugeln pellets from the manufacturer as they are no longer imported into this country through the normal sources.

This helps the classic air pistol and air rifle shooters as the Meisterkugeln was often the number one choice when pistols such as the Feinwerkbau Model 65 were being used to win almost every event from local to international and to set world records.

Despite the huge improvements made in technical advances of air weapons design and the equally huge developments in the understanding of physical training and diet techniques the world records set by the Meisterkugeln pellets and the airguns used at that time have hardly advanced at all!

The newer RWS R10 pellets have replaced them as the "pellet of choice" with many target shooters in their PCP pistols and rifles, but the older design and shape of the Meisterkugeln often continues to give the best results in the classic air pistols and rifles.

The Meisterkugeln has recently been rediscovered by some of the PCP pistol and rifle shooters and some have switched away from their R10 pellets and moved over to Meisterkugeln (depending on what works best in their particular pistols) so the quality and consistency of this pellet remains at the highest level and it is now even considered good value for money!

The Meisterkugeln are also a couple of quid a tin less expensive than the R10 pellets so they are worth a try - its just that they are not so easy to find anymore and many of the current crop of shooters may not have even heard of them or know that they exist!

You can see them on this link to the shops online site http://www.rossmod.co.uk/c/2900/Pellets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bobsairguns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.
zooma

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:08 pm

plinkit hi; at the risk of being picky and not wishing to upset a fellow forum member, but I think the last two words in your phonetic break down should read ''coog - eln''. cheers bellringer

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:12 pm

bellringer wrote:plinkit hi; at the risk of being picky and not wishing to upset a fellow forum member, but I think the last two words in your phonetic break down should read ''coog - eln''. cheers bellringer
I agree :D

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:02 am

Have you noticed any differences between the meisterkugeln prof' line pellets and the rws meister pellets , when used through the FWB pistols ?
Bill

zooma

Post by zooma » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 am

Yes - we have found the 4.50 Meisterkugeln gives the tightest groups on the spring powered Model 65, Model 80 and Model 90 air pistols - better than the R10 !

I also prefer them on my Feinwerkbau CO2 pistols as well - so far they have worked very well on the Model 2. Model 2 Compact, C10, C20 and briefly on the C25 before they were banned from our club.

As a matter of interest they also work best on the Hammerli CO2 pistols too!

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:12 pm

This is a problem with being old, what I find kicking about now is not what I collect but what I used 30 years ago and now is just some thing I forgot to chuck out!

I have an empty Blue pack of 100 Meisterkugeln its a pale blue square pack with pale blue polystyrene trays, the box is marked Meisterkugeln Extra 500 so is it an upmarket version?

I also have a tin box about 3" by 4" marked up as a 200 pack of Eley Match pellets, I use the tin now in my cleaning box to keep fullbore cleaning patches!
I remember the Eley was given to my wife back in the old days, they were trying to introduce them and were giving them away to the GB squad shooters, I don't think any believed they'd made them and just thought they were repacked German ones and they never caught on.

I keep clearing out things as junk and then finding some one collects it!

Robin

zooma

Post by zooma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi Robin,

The early blue plastic RWS tray's of 100 Meisterkugeln pellets were claimed to be "selected" but these were soon changed to the same tray but moulded in yellow plastic - and also claimed to be "selected"

I think what they actually tried to say is that they were individually packed to protect them from any transit damage!

The problem with these plastic trays was that they let the air in and so the pellets lost their lubricant and corroded too easily if they were not used quickly enough from when they were packed and so they became inconsistent. :geek:

However, the 100 pellet tray was very useful for keeping count and for selecting individual pellets when shooting in matches so we always used to refill them with fresh pellets taken from a new tin so we knew the pellets were "fresh".

H&N had a similar idea with a 200 pellet oblong shaped tin (and we also used these) but they were not so good at holding the pellets as the RWS plastic trays and so we never bothered to refill them.

In those days the K&N pellets were suitable rivals for the RWS pellets - but that is not thought to be the case any longer as the quality and lubricant has changed and they are no longer as good as the current RWS pellets.

These original K&N Match pellets were also seen in the Eley Match tins and at the time we actually had to shoot these "Eley Match" pellets when we shot in the Eley Competition each year!

I know for sure that many tins of Eley Match were filled with Meisterkugeln pellets during these competitions (don't ask) as most shooters preferred them but wanted to compete in the Eley Competition as it was a good "open" event each year and we all enjoyed getting to the finals at the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff for the live shoulder to shoulder finals.

I won a nice pair of sliver plated vases the last time I shot there! I kept these with pride on the shelf at the top of the stairs in our maisonette in Exmouth when I first got married - one of the cats sent them flying down the stairs some time later, and unfortunately they did not bounce very well. :doh:

savantguarde

Post by savantguarde » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Ok I am sold! With the Cp3 about to be resurrected how could I use anything else? Who / where stocks them?

EDIT: Nevermind! I found em ;)

zooma

Post by zooma » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:38 pm

If you have any problem getting some Meisterkugelns send me a PM and I will get some for you.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi Chaps
Are Rossmod no longer trading in air pistol pellets ? I was looking to purchase meisterkugeln pellets.
Bill

zooma

Post by zooma » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi Bill,

RossMod are still selling air gun pellets including Meisterkugeln - but they had to be removed form the site when Amazon started selling products from their online site (!), but they are working to overcome this problem and most certainly do still sell these pellets.

Any problems - please email me and I will sort it out for you. ([email protected])