RWS R10

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of collectable pellets and tins.
pmh
Site Admin
RWS R10

Post by pmh » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Not so much a classic yet, but will be one day.

This is a review I did a while back.

After reading a number of comments on the RWS R10, I decided to get myself a tin.

These are also available in packaged 100's and also in 4.49mm.

There is a rifle version weghing in at 8.2g.

One thing that immediately stands out is the thickness of the skirt.

I had a quick look through a tin of Hobbys, and there did seem to be more skirt deformation to them than the R10s.

Taking 100 at random out of the tin I found that the average pellet weight was 7.01 grains, with the heaviest being 7.07 grains and the lightest 6.98 grains.

The weight specified on the tin is 7.0 grains, so this is very close indeed.

These are by far the most consistent pellets I have ever used.

Summarising this, the pellets can be described as 7.01 grains + 0.91% - 0.38%, giving an overall variation (highest to lowest) of 0.09 grains, much more consitant than the Geco or the Hobby.

I have still produced a distribution graph but, given the closeness of individual weights, this doesn't really mean much.

I will certainly be using this pellet for the 6 yard and 10m competitions from now on.

Kind regards,

Phil

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:15 pm

The R10 seems to be a modern take on the veritable classic Meisterkugeln that brought RWS so many world records in the past.

I prefer to use Meisterkugeln in my Classic pistols, and in the 4.50 size, but like the R10 they can also be bought in 4,49 to staisfy the newer pistols perhaps - but I prefer the 4.50.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

eredel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by eredel » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 pm

I find these pellets the best in my Original Mod 5G...about 30fps better than the Geco's, Hobbies and H&N match which is unusual as the latter pellets are usually as good in the majority of pistols...just shows how some barrels suit certain pellets and it pays to keep a selection of pellets.
You have to find and know the pellet that suits your particular pistol although to be honest, in my garage practice sessions the Geco fits the bill most of the time. 8)
Eric.
Browning B425 12G O/U Trap ~ Morini 162EI Short ~ Baikal MP-53M

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:27 pm

I found a similar variation with my 6G.

I usually spend time working out which pellet suits which gun.

I spent an hour checking my Baikal MP-53M did better with Geco, with Hobby next, followed by R10, which goes to show the "best" pellet isn't necessarily the best.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<