Found, Mint boxed Hurricane .22 Made in England F stamp

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
dnic
Found, Mint boxed Hurricane .22 Made in England F stamp

Post by dnic » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Hello,

I have been looking for my first Webley & Scott, I have found it, by a quirk of fate it seems.

I was at my local shooting grounds shops, booking in for range time. I gentleman comes in carrying, rifle slip case, a pistol case and a brown box. Plonks them on the counter.

I said good morning, and went back to signing in. Being inquisitive (posh word for nosey) asked him if was trading or selling, trading came the reply. He has a rifle that in his words "this is the worst heap of metal I have ever bought" looking to get a HW100. I will be trading said rifle and two pistols he says. Nosey me asked what the pistols where, reply," a Brocock Atomic .22 and a Webley Hurricane .22 "

Is the Webley in the case I asked, no came the reply, it's in the box, bought it new around 20 years and only put a handle full of pellets through it. I asked to have a look at the Webley, opened box, removed foam sheet, behold underneath. A mint Hurricane with manual,warranty cert, red warning card,Allen key, scope attachment.

So we did a deal there and then, and he had some cash to out towards his HW 100.

I will post pictures when I figure out to do them.

I am still on the the hunt for a Tempest .177

David

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Found, Mint boxed Hurricane .22 Made in England F stamp

Post by Certus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi David,

Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing how your 'Hurricane' performs. The original box and accessories are always nice to have and will certainly add value to the pistol in the future.

Learning to shoot these classic Webley 'overleve'r pistols accurately can be quite challenging, but well worth the effort and very rewarding.

Regards

Brian

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Post by kj68 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi David great buy the Hurricane is a lovely pistol, takes a little bit to get used to, but have fun shooting it, yes some pics please.
atb :clap:
Happy Shooting

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:12 pm

I do quite like the Hurricanes, would personally prefer .177 in a pistol though.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

dnic

Post by dnic » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:19 am

Certus, kj68,
Very pleased with the find.

As soon as I figure out how to get the pics from my iPhoto s/w to play ball with the website here, I will post them.
pmh wrote:I do quite like the Hurricanes, would personally prefer .177 in a pistol though.
Phil,

I agree my first choice would be a .177 calibre. However when fate brings one together with an out of the blue find, you know the rest.

In my defence, want, over need took hold of me. My first ever Webley & Scott, I am chuffed to bits. Methinks I should have a brace of each Webley & Scott in .177 & .22. Still on the lookout for a Premier.

David

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Post by kj68 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi David I to will put some pics up of my webley hurricane .177. She is starting to look really nice with the lovely walnut grips I had made. Just waiting for my new forend to arrive then I can post some pics.

Kj68 :D
Happy Shooting