Premier B series question

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
les y
Premier B series question

Post by les y » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:20 am

Hi Guys,

First post although I have been a long time lurker.
I have the chance to purchase a "Premier" B series pistol which has its original box. The pistol is in excellent condition and appears to have had very little use, my question is, what is a fair price for both myself and the seller.

Les

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Premier B series question

Post by Certus » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:58 pm

les y wrote:Hi Guys,

First post although I have been a long time lurker.
I have the chance to purchase a "Premier" B series pistol which has its original box. The pistol is in excellent condition and appears to have had very little use, my question is, what is a fair price for both myself and the seller.

Les
Hi Les,

First of all welcome to the forum. As you are probably already aware, the Premier was introduced by Webley in 1964 to combine the best features of the Mk1 and the Senior within one model. Although Webley discontinued the use of Ser Nos after the war, the Premier models can be roughly dated from the letter stamped on the side of the frame. The Premier models started with the A Series (1964-1965) and continued up until the F Series (1971-1973). There then followed a number of transitional models until the arrival of the Mk2 in 1976.

The earlier so called '4 pin' models are the most sought after and in my opinion anyway, represent the best from the range. I have a nice boxed A Series and an unboxed B Series which I still shoot on a regular basis. The B Series ran from 1965 -1966 and unlike the A Series was available in both .177 and .22 calibres.

It's always difficult to provide realistic value estimations without pictures, but I would guess a nice boxed B Series Premier would be in the region of £200-£250 and £150-£200 for an unboxed example in similar condition.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Brian

les y

Post by les y » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks for the reply and info Brian, that is exactly what I was looking for, as I said I want to be fair to the seller and myself.
If I get it I'll post a couple of pics.

Les

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:06 pm

les y wrote:Thanks for the reply and info Brian, that is exactly what I was looking for, as I said I want to be fair to the seller and myself.
If I get it I'll post a couple of pics.

Les
Hi Les,

Look forward to seeing some pictures of the Premier should you decide to to go ahead with the deal. Although I'm very fond of the Senior, the Premier edges it for me due the presence of a trigger adjustment screw inherited from the Mk1.

Regards

Brian

les y

Post by les y » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Well we managed to come to a deal, the pistol is in excellent condition (IMHO) suffering only some light freckling to the finish in a small area where it had lain on a cloth in the box for the past years.
The seller thinks that the Pellets and Targets are the originals that came with the pistol when he purchased it.

Here are some photos as promised, sorry about the quality, I had to take them indoors.

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi Les,
Congratulations on finding what looks like a very nice boxed B Series Premier. The box is the correct early type and although I can't see the the target, the the Marksman pellets would certainly have been around at the time if not actually supplied or recommended by Webley themselves.

I started collecting contemporary Webley accessories to go with my pistols some time ago, and here are the pellet tin and oil can which would have been right for your Premier. The pellet tins (empty) can be picked up for about £20, but the extremely rare oil cans are a very different matter as most were discarded when empty whereas the pellet tins were often kept to hold screws etc.

Regards

Brian