To Blue or Not to Blue That is the Question

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
fronteria
Plinker
Plinker
To Blue or Not to Blue That is the Question

Post by fronteria » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:55 am

I have a Webley MK11 Target Pistol that a pervious owner had file the front sight almost totally away, I have rectified the damage and obviously wrecked the thin original finish that was left in the process so I had to re-blue it.
Do I re-blue the rest of the gun now or leave it looking as though it has a new barrel because the diffrence in the colours and wear to finish.
Photographs of refinished barrel and the frame that hasn't been refinished.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fronteria ... 2996760115

wadcutter

Re: To Blue or Not to Blue That is the Question

Post by wadcutter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi Jeff this is a tricky one but it all comes down to your personal preference, if it were mine I would leave it well alone even though there is a slight colour difference or you could have it all looking the same mate. :think:
Regards

Kevin

Diana Original 6G Pistol

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: To Blue or Not to Blue That is the Question

Post by Certus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:31 pm

fronteria wrote:I have a Webley MK11 Target Pistol that a pervious owner had file the front sight almost totally away, I have rectified the damage and obviously wrecked the thin original finish that was left in the process so I had to re-blue it.
Do I re-blue the rest of the gun now or leave it looking as though it has a new barrel because the diffrence in the colours and wear to finish.
Photographs of refinished barrel and the frame that hasn't been refinished.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fronteria ... 2996760115
Hello,

I would leave the the remaining finish on the gun original as although they rarely appear for sale, an original barrel might just become available at some time.

Regards

Brian