Webley Straight Grip Senior.

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
fronteria
Plinker
Plinker
Webley Straight Grip Senior.

Post by fronteria » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:12 pm

After a couple of years looking I have just got a pretty rare Webley & Scott straight grip senior air pistol at auction at a price I was willing to pay, these were made for a pretty short period between 1930 and 1935 and around only a total of 6500 manufactured.
It is complete except a couple of incorrect pins in the trigger guard and nothing else a good clean and lubrication won't take care of,the vulcanite grips are undamaged.
I have been looking for one of these for a couple of years but the few that came up have gone for very high prices much more than I was willing to pay.
I see there is one of these on Gunstar which has the wrong barrel on it, with an area of knurling on it where it should be smooth it is also the shorter one from a post war pistol. JC Militaria Ltd ad ref. GS441ED6A asking price for it is £375-00.
They state As a post 1939 Air Pistol the restrictions of the Crime Reduction Act apply to the sale & delivery of this item.
Which is incorrect as the straight grip senior was manufacture only between 1930 and 1935, or does this confirms that it must be a pistol made from bits and pieces that somebody had and I don't think it was Webley!