Webley Premier .22

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Webley Premier .22

Post by Ian » Sun May 05, 2013 2:09 pm

After feeling rather bereft following the sale of my mint Seniors last year due to financial difficulties I was very pleased to pick up this early 70's E series Premier recently. I got it for a very good price and was delighted to find that it was in much better condition then the photos in the ad led me to believe - what looked like dulling / corrosion turned out to be a coating of grease that had been applied at some point to preserve it. With the application of some Napier gun oil and a little effort it came up very nicely indeed. Not perfect but very good IMO.

Its .22 (of course) and I have to say that it has the smoothest action and nicest trigger of any Webley I have owned so far.

As discussed now I am on the lookout for a reasonably priced late Senior / early Permier (in the same condition as this) in .177 so that I can enter the 6 yd comp - let me know if you see one!

Cheers
Ian
Last edited by Ian on Sun May 05, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun May 05, 2013 2:21 pm

A very nice example indeed.

I was surprised when I shot the .22 Tempest I picked up last year.

I thought the experience would be somewhat like shooting the Weihrauch HW45, which has quite a nasty forward jerk, but was pleasantly surprised.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Sun May 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Both the Tempest and the HW45 run in well over time. I've got a .22 Tempest that I bought new around 1979 that shoots well and a friend at the range has a lovely early HW45 in .22 that shoots really well indeed. Both very nice guns.

Mick

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Re: Webley Premier .22

Post by zooma » Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 pm

I have a boxed early type Webley Premier, with all the original paperwork etc - but it is a .22 - no good at all for target shooting.

.........anybody got a .177 barrel to fit it by any chance?
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.