Webley Premier MK1 .177

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Webley Premier MK1 .177

Post by Ian » Sun May 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Well after realising that my .22 Premier wasn't eligible for the MPL 6yds I decided that I had better get a .177 model! I saw this one advertised on the BBS earlier in the week but only after it had been snapped up in little more than 30 minutes! However, good fortune smiled on me and the new owner kindly offered it to me on Friday and was also good enough to buy my .22 so all turned out well in the end.

My .22 had been one of the painted versions that was sold just before the MK2 was introduced - something of a cost cutting measure at the time I believe. This slightly earlier model is finished with proper gun bluing and is all the better for it my opinion.

It shoots really well, has a lovely light trigger (like my previous .22) and the recoil is quite smooth and predictable.

As with all my pistols these days I have fitted 'daysiter' dots to help me see the sights

A few light marks here and there so not mint, but very presentable for a 40+ year old pistol and just what I was after!

These are beautiful little pistols, British made guns from an era when we still had a manufacturing industry and things were still made to last. If anyone is thinking of adding one of these to the gun cupboard then now is the time to buy as prices are very reasonable - this wont continue for ever though!

Ian

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Webley Premier MK1 .177

Post by pmh » Sun May 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Another excellent post and a fine looking pistol.

I am sure you'll do very well with it, and it is good to see such pistols put to good use, rather than just sitting in a collection.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Sun May 12, 2013 6:13 pm

I had one like that when I was a kid. Why, oh why did I sell it?
Hope you enjoy shooting it.

Mick

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Ian wrote:These are beautiful little pistols, British made guns from an era when we still had a manufacturing industry and things were still made to last. If anyone is thinking of adding one of these to the gun cupboard then now is the time to buy as prices are very reasonable - this wont continue for ever though!
Ian
These are very prophetic words Ian. The prices right now of vintage pistols IS reasonable. I can see this changing though and not in a good way, prices have been creeping slowly upwards as popularity has increased and one day we are going to wake up and some of the cheapest made guns are going to be making stratospheric prices. I have seen this before with other things and guns we wouldn't presently give houseroom will become the next great thing, of this I am certain.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 pm

I have a mint and boxed early Premier - but it is a .22 - does anybody have a .177 barrel for sale?
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Tue May 14, 2013 7:10 pm

zooma wrote:I have a mint and boxed early Premier - but it is a .22 - does anybody have a .177 barrel for sale?
Now, I did know the answer to that. I just can't remember it........ :character-tweety:
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/