Webley Oil Cans

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Webley Oil Cans

Post by Certus » Thu May 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Hello,

I now concentrate on collecting accessories and pellet tins etc rather than air guns thinking this might be considerably cheaper.

Here is a picture of my current collection of Webley oil cans which cost around 1/6d when new but now unfortunately fetch prices in the hundreds of pounds. Unlike pellet tins cans could not be reused for storing odd screws etc so were discarded when empty making them hard to find these days.

Imageays.

Regards

Brian

wmp50075
Plinker
Plinker

Re: Webley Oil Cans

Post by wmp50075 » Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 pm

brian, you have some very nice webley oil cans there.
i would love one of the green oblong .177 pellet tins to compliment my webley 'senior' but they all seem to go for well out of my budget. one day hopefully.................
andy

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Nice set of oil cans.

I recently picked up a good condition green pellet tin, pictures already posted in a thread on here, which was at a but it now for £18. Bargain, really.

I do hope to pick up an oil can one day, but will, more than likely, end up with a repro.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

John131

Post by John131 » Sat May 18, 2013 6:41 pm

wmp50075 wrote:brian, you have some very nice webley oil cans there.
i would love one of the green oblong .177 pellet tins to compliment my webley 'senior' but they all seem to go for well out of my budget. one day hopefully.................
andy
Keep checking Fleabay. I picked one up in good nick and less the £15. Beware some expect silly money!

John

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sat May 18, 2013 11:18 pm

John131 wrote:
wmp50075 wrote:brian, you have some very nice webley oil cans there.
andy
Keep checking Fleabay. I picked one up in good nick and less the £15. Beware some expect silly money!

John
Just doing a little job this morning and discovered that actually all my BA taps are in one of those green Webley tins.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun May 19, 2013 11:58 am

My tin can be seen in >this< thread.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<