Original Pre War Webley Valvespout Oil Can

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Original Pre War Webley Valvespout Oil Can

Post by Certus » Wed May 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello Everybody,

I have at last persuaded a collector friend of mine to part with this original pre war Webey valvespout oil can which I have been wanting to replace the admittedly well made replica example I have in an originally canvas cased 1938 Slant grip Webley Senior.

There are some well made replicas out there but the main giveaway is that the cap on the valvespout reproduction cans is invariably refillable with a removeable knurled cap whereas the original can has a sealed spout and is not refillable. The pictures below should help to clarify the difference.

ORIGINAL PRE WAR NON-REFILLABLE VALVESPOUT OIL CAN

REPRODUCTION PRE WAR REFILLABLE VALVESPOUT OIL CAN

A bonus for me was the inclusion of this nice little 1960s .22 Webley pellet tin made to contain just 250 pellets instead of the more usual 500 in the larger sized tin This tin is the same size as the green 500 pellet .177 tin but a great deal harder to find.

Regards

Brian
Last edited by Certus on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Original Pre War Webley Valvespout Oil Can

Post by pmh » Wed May 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Another classic post.

It was very useful to show both the original and reproduction oil cans. This is a valuable reference for anybody on the look out for one.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<