WEBLEY'S

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Re: WEBLEY'S

Post by zooma » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:26 pm

A few years back a friend of mine shot a Webley Junior in the NARPA Championships and actually did very well with it !

They take a bit of getting used to - but they can shoot very well.

I have a Mk1 Junior and an alloy Mk 2 Junior - both have rifled barrels and both shoot OK.

In some ways the newer alloy ones shoot the best ( and the Premier Mk 2) as they have a better hand-hold and balance and this helps.

The best of all the classic style Webley pistols to shoot is the Webley Tempest - I am surprised it is not mentioned here even though I know the "serious" Webley fanatics would not give them or any of the other alloy pistols the time of day because they are not steel. :hand:

As a Webley fan and collector I also really like the steel pistols ( I acquired another .177 Senior today) and they are much more collectable - but for target shooting ( if you really must use a Webley) you really should try the Webley Tempest.

Just to really upset the traditional Webely pistol collector/purist - I bought a Turkish made.177 Webley Tempest this week and it is really rather good to shoot - but does not have that quality "feel" of the British made version :doh:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.