Premier v Premier Mk2

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
pmh
Site Admin
Re: Premier v Premier Mk2

Post by pmh » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:42 pm

I finally got around to scanning the targets, and here they are:-

I would've used a more contrasting background in the scans, but the Hobby is still quite clearly the best group.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Re: Premier v Premier Mk2

Post by zooma » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:27 am

My Premier Mk 2 returned from Grahams cave last week and had been given a dose of grease and lube and it did feel much better - but it came with a health warning that (as suspected) it showed some signs of rust - especially the main spring - but all is well now!

This Mk 2 Premier came to me from Scotland with an unknown history some time ago and maybe it had been left somewhere damp and unused for a few years and the lack of too much in the way of grease on the spring allowed it to rust. Good job the Mk 2 premier has an non-rusting alloy body!

The spring and everything else inside was given a clean prior to the fresh grease and lube and it did feel very much smoother but it still insisted on announcing that a new pope had been chosen - so maybe it knows something that we don't!

The trigger is still very heavy and stiff and the adjusting screw stops inside the main frame in open space, so at some point we will get brave and take a squint inside to see what is going on ( or not in this case) as I have always suspected that all is not well in there as it looks like a something (or a part of something) is not there as it should be.

This assumption is based on the suspicion that the trigger between the Premier and the Mk 2 Premier has the same parts - but they don't look the same as each other as the Premier has a lump of metal ( technical term) that touches the end of the adjusting screw - but the Mk 2 doe's not have anything for this screw to push against as it is suspended in space - so maybe a part of it has broken off and is missing?

One day all will be revealed and maybe we will discover exactly why this trigger on our Mk2 is so heavy.

.........meanwhile we will continue to shoot it and enjoy the white smoke display!
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.