Best of Collection

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Best of Collection

Post by Certus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello,

I have quite a collection of Webley air pistols dating from 1925 until 2000 and on more than one occasion I've asked myself if I have a favourite and what might be the reason behind the choice.

After quite a close run contest, my final choice was this originally cased pre-war slant grip 'Senior'.

CASED PRE-WAR WEBLEY 'SENIOR'.

PRE-WAR WEBLEY 'SENIOR'

Note lack of barrel serrations and slender trigger blade.

I have always preferred the appearance of the 'Senior' without the barrel serrations and with the slim, elegant trigger fitted to the pre-war models.

Although the pistol came with the original canvas case, I have added the correct pellet tin and oil can to complete the set. The strange thing is that the case and even the oil can would cost more to replace than the pistol itself.

It would be great to see some pictures of the favourites from other Webley collections.

Regards

Brian

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Best of Collection

Post by pmh » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:19 pm

It's a great pity current day manufacturers don't have the same attention to detail.

That first case is how to do it properly, much better than the plastic ones offered today.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Leonardj
Marksman
Marksman

Post by Leonardj » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Easy to see why that one is your favorite.
Early cased specimens like yours are virtually impossible to find over here. I've only ever seen one, at least 20 years ago, and the owner could not be persuaded to part with it for any amount.

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:21 am

Leonardj wrote:Easy to see why that one is your favorite.
Early cased specimens like yours are virtually impossible to find over here. I've only ever seen one, at least 20 years ago, and the owner could not be persuaded to part with it for any amount.
Hi Leonard,

I have seen at least five or six pre-war canvas cased 'Seniors' here in the UK, but only ever seen one post-war leatherette case.

Still looking for a reasonably priced example though.

Regards

Brian