The first Webley Rifle

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
The first Webley Rifle

Post by Tank » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Unsure as to whether or not I should comply with the Webley afficionado's private "Special Place" I decided to throw caution to the wind and put this here:-)
I saw this on one of the other forums I frequent and I asked the poster there 'JohnBaz' if he wouldn't mind me posting the pictures here, an interesting rifle indeed, for your pleasure:

graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

pmh
Site Admin

Re: The first Webley Rifle

Post by pmh » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Oh now, we can't have one of the things in the cupboard with its label facing the wrong way now can we!

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Basically a big pistol with a rifle stock. Interesting gun though, and a consistent user of a proven technology.

BSA did the opposite with the Scorpion, they put a forklift in a pistol grip! :lol:

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Webley MK 1 Air Rifles are getting very difficult to find under the £1000 mark. My local dealer has a nice example for sale at a whopping £2,400. I keep telling them it will never sell at that price swiftly followed by a more realistic offer. Apparently they bought it as part of a collection at not much below the current price more as a showpiece among their more modern pieces than a serious seller.

Regards

Brian