Webley Fans

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
pmh
Site Admin
Re: Webley Fans

Post by pmh » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 pm

More than likely the only place to pick up such items now, at a reasonable rate, is a car boot sale where the owner doesn't know what they have.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Webley Fans

Post by Certus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:12 pm

bellringer wrote:Having followed the latter end of this sale , you can't help but accept that with such a rare item comes such a high price. Another webley raretey is the table lamp; this was a cylinder shade lamp with a woodland/water scene on it and there was a heat activated sleeve that caused a rotating action which brought the scene "to life" the same as some flame effect fires. I owned one but swapped it for an Acvoke pistol in the 80's then sold the pistol 'stupid boy' :doh: really wish I still had both of them now, and what price would the lamp achieve? still in its box and 'mint' condition. bellringer
Hello,

I have never seen the lamp, but have come across playing cards, watches etc marked with the Webley logo and used as promotional items.

I remember having a BSA bike when I was a kid and wonder if such things have an appeal for BSA enthusiasts today.

The Acvoke is a nice pistol and must have given Webley a bit of competition while they were available. I bought one to make up the small (Tell 2), medium (Thunderbolt Junior) and large (Acvoke) versions of the same design. Even though the Tell 2 is not of British manufacture it was much earlier and formed the basis for the larger British pistols so had to be added.

Regards

Brian

Regards

Brian