Webley Junior Mark II

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
gab
Plinker
Plinker
Webley Junior Mark II

Post by gab » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:40 pm

I purchased a Junior Mark II (95% plus finish remaining)this morning at a Vancouver Island gun show. It is the first of these I have seen for sale for some time. Surprisingly, it came with the box (though a bit tatty) and all the literature. Most young boys I know would have either thrown away the box or shot it full of holes. As a boy I was guilty of both acts. While I prefer the finish of my older model Juniors, the groupings I am getting with the Mark II are surprisingly good. Naturally, the rifled barrel of the Mark II does help. Of the pellets I have tried thus far, it prefers Meisterkugeln 8.2 grain pellets. Overall, I am impressed with the little air pistol.

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Webley Junior Mark II

Post by Certus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 am

gab wrote:I purchased a Junior Mark II (95% plus finish remaining)this morning at a Vancouver Island gun show. It is the first of these I have seen for sale for some time. Surprisingly, it came with the box (though a bit tatty) and all the literature. Most young boys I know would have either thrown away the box or shot it full of holes. As a boy I was guilty of both acts. While I prefer the finish of my older model Juniors, the groupings I am getting with the Mark II are surprisingly good. Naturally, the rifled barrel of the Mark II does help. Of the pellets I have tried thus far, it prefers Meisterkugeln 8.2 grain pellets. Overall, I am impressed with the little air pistol.
Hi Gab,

Although I to prefer the 'all steel' Webley air pistols, I did add a boxed Mk2 Junior to complete the series of pre-war Mk1, post-war Mk1 & Mk2 Juniors. Surprisingly, these can often be found together with their original boxes here in the UK. The detail that is usually missing is the adhesive model label from the side of the body, which fortunately can be sourced from John Knibbs who has a quantity of original replacements.

I believe the Mk2 Junior is the most attractive of alloy Webley pistols and as you rightly say is pleasant to shoot and quite accurate at intended ranges.

Out of interest, I have found H&N Match perform best in all of my older.177 air pistols & rifles with RWS Hobby being an acceptable and much cheaper alternative.

Regards

Brian

gab
Plinker
Plinker

Re: Webley Junior Mark II

Post by gab » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:54 am

Hello Certus,

Fortunately, mine still has the adhesive label.

I didn't have any H&N Match around the house, but did try a few RWS Hobby. They grouped very well.

Thank you for the suggestion.