Coin collector boxes for air pistol storage.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of any accessories you may have.
Leonardj
Marksman
Marksman
Coin collector boxes for air pistol storage.

Post by Leonardj » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:09 pm

A short while ago I stumbled upon these boxes that were originally intended for storing coin collections. They are very well made, with a textured covering on both top and bottom, which in this instance happens to be red in color. They have three smaller trays in the lower section that can be removed. The outside dimensions of these boxes are 10.50 inches long, by 5.50 inches wide, by 1.75 inches high. The cost of these boxes is only $7.00 (CDN) where I purchased them, and could even be cheaper elsewhere.

The pre-war Webley straight grip pistols fit in the boxes with room to spare. I have added a small tray to this box to accomodate storing a period pellet tin with the gun, if desired.

The slant grip Webley pistols also fit quite nicely.

In addition to labels to identify the contents of each box, a reproduction of the lid graphics from an original box can be scaled and added as well.

These boxes will work for storage of other smaller frame air pistols as well, such as the Diana model 2, or the Acvoke, and many others of similar proportion.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Coin collector boxes for air pistol storage.

Post by pmh » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:18 pm

Excellent idea there Leonard, bordering on genius.

I do like the copy label stuck on top. You could well imagine that the original box was very similar.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

RWS

Re: Coin collector boxes for air pistol storage.

Post by RWS » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:53 pm

A great idea for a storage box Leonard. :D