Greetings CAPAites!

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
Adam77K
Plinker
Plinker
Greetings CAPAites!

Post by Adam77K » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Afternoon all.  Some familiar names on here, not too surprising really, and I'm sure I'm known to most of you.

I started shooting with a break barrel spring air pistol in the early 80s.  I then graduated to air rifles and started shooting FT at club level in the late 80s.  I tailed off any shooting at all in the late 90s, for no particular reason at the time, it just happened, then I got back into it with a vengeance, after "just popping along to the old club dear to see if they're still there" with my old 77K one Sunday in 2006.  Since that fateful day I've bought and sold dozens of airguns, and am a lost cause!  :shock:

Nowadays I shoot FT in AA grade, mainly in the NEFTA winter league and regional comps, but also the occasional GP and Inter-Regional comp.  I also shoot the pistol FT comp in the winter league (winning it the last three years on the trot), and plink at the club and at home in my garage 6 yd range.

I'm not sure what the definition of Classic air pistols is, but I know my recent purchase of a Crosman 600 more than qualifies! :)

I'd describe myself as an equal opportunity pistol enthusiast!  I have match pistols, springers, SSP, CO2, PCP. Pellet and BB firers, replicas, and a few airsoft too.  Pistols vary all along the scale from Gat to Steyr.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Welcome Adam - great to see you over here!

The 'Bench Rest' comp will be along shortly of you fancy adding even more variety to your current shooting schedule

:)

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Welcome

Post by zunmik » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Welcome to this one Adam, jealous of your F/T i so miss it, M. :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Hello Adam,

Good to see you on board.

I'm not too sure what a classic is myself, but I know what I think it is not!   :D

To some extent it has to be age related, including guns that were introduced a long time ago, but which are still made today.

The HW70 and Gamo Compact are two examples which spring to mind.

My heart lies with the guns that were introduced to me by Airgun World back in 1978.

Kind regards,

Phil

Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Plinkit » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Nope never heard of you  :lol:  :wink:
>>>This space has been reserved for a witty signature<<<