Hello from New Zealand

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
RayinNZ
Hello from New Zealand

Post by RayinNZ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Another New Zealander (and pretty happy right now thanks to the rugby)

I have owned and used fire arms all my life. carrying and using them daily during my farming days
I am also a collector, owning most variations of the Lee Enfield and Winchester .22 rifles

But that was then and now I retired to town I thought I would like to own my first air pistol so as to keep my eye in and as a new interest

First up I have purchased a Webley pre-war slant "Senior" through an auction that is held in Wellington twice a year here in NZ
I have also ordered "Webley Air Pistols" by Gordon Bruce which will arrive pretty smartly
I broke the rule "Buy the book before the rifle" but with the internet I thought I knew a fair bit, though maybe not local values as I was the under bidder on both a boxed Premier and Mk1 in .22
Lesson learnt!

Why Webley, well I like the look and history of them, which I think is the best reasons to collect anything

So just waiting for the pistol to arrive and reading as much as I can about these fascinating pistols

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Hello from New Zealand

Post by pmh » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:30 am

Hello,

And welcome to the forum.

It's surprising how many collectors steer towards Webleys.

Personally, they do nothing for my.

My very first magazine was the Airgun World Summer Special, from 1978, which had centre pages of the air guys available at the time. Much of my collection is based upon the more interesting, to me, examples shown on these pages.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<