New to collecting, hi from London.

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
Mattdale
New to collecting, hi from London.

Post by Mattdale » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi all,
I've just managed to aquire a largish collection of vintage air pistols so thought I'd get involved in this Forum.

I was starting to collect classic non-pcp target pistols (Drulov, FWB90 and a daisy 717) but got a bit carried away and bought someone's collection of 40+ vintage pistols. Seems he went through Dennis Hiller's book and tried to get as many as possible.

The collection includes a Diana model 1, a few Diana model 2's, a Diana mark 4, a .22 Warrior, a Tell 2, a Briton an LP53, a Record Jumbo and Webley's galore

I'm planning to sell quite a few at Kempton park but will keep my favorites, and am enjoying finding out about them on the way.

I'll be asking a few questions.

Cheers.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: New to collecting, hi from London.

Post by pmh » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Hello,

And welcome to the forum.

It seems like you already have a good start over many on here.

I still have my Airgun World Summer Special from 1978 and picked up many of the guns I saw in there and originally wanted.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Mattdale

Post by Mattdale » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:25 pm

pmh wrote:Hello,

And welcome to the forum.

It seems like you already have a good start over many on here.

I still have my Airgun World Summer Special from 1978 and picked up many of the guns I saw in there and originally wanted.

Kind regards,

Phil
Hi Phil,
Thanks for the welcome.
I got back into airguns recently (now in my 40's) and started doing HFT with a spring Rifle.
While I'm resisting getting more than a couple of rifles I did want to build up a little pistol collection as I think they are great fun and have a lot of variety. It started off with the ones my friends and I used to shoot when we were younger ( Tempest, Daisy 717 and record Jumbo) and moved on to classic Target pistols.

I bought This Vintage collection as a bit of a project with a view to learning about them all and keeping the ones I really enjoy shooting and maybe selling on the rest.

Unsuprisingly I fell in love with the Webley pistols and am going to hold on to a few of the nicer examples of each type. I cant belive how nice the later Senior's are to shoot!

The Tell 2 has also won me over.

I'll post some pics and ask some questions on value etc.

Cheers.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Welcome enjoy your pistols, delighted your into spring FT my main interest before i had to retire from shooting still miss my TX mk1 & my mk1 SR. Mike.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Mattdale

Post by Mattdale » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:53 pm

zunmik wrote:Welcome enjoy your pistols, delighted your into spring FT my main interest before i had to retire from shooting still miss my TX mk1 & my mk1 SR. Mike.
Hi Mike.
I use an HW97kt for HFT. Extremely accurate like the TX and you have to concentrate to bring out its potential. I tried HFT with a PCP but found it a pretty unexciting experience so I'm replacing the PCP with an accurate low power Weihrauch Springer as my backup rifle. (HW30s)

Springers have some life to them!
Very satisfying when the target goes down.

Cheers,
Matt.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Enjoy your Hw & when U feel like a go try springer FT for the ultimate buzz, good luck have fun, Mike.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.