New member quick hello

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
JonW
Plinker
Plinker
New member quick hello

Post by JonW » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Just saying hello, name is Jon as you might suspect! Always had pistols but been doing more rifle shooting over recent years.
Over the last few months more and more pistols have been showing up at the club until I succumbed and got myself a Gamo Compact the other day. I now have a list of pistols on my wish list and will be doing the postals as well.

Anyway, hi, looking forward to speaking with you all.

Jon.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum

chriscp1991

Post by chriscp1991 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 pm

hello & welcome jon :lol:

the compact's a good choice, the first time buyer usually succumbs to the multi shot c02 pistols.

kind regards,

chriscp1991

JonW
Plinker
Plinker

Post by JonW » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Those co2 pistols aren't really my thing TBH. I grew up with Diana SP50s and Gamo Falcons and Webley Tempests (still have one of them) and was dead set on another springer. Chose the Compact as I couldn't quite stretch to the Baikal (yet).
There is one CO2 on the wish list though, the Feinwerkbau C55 is a thing of beauty!
The boys at the club have been bringing down HW's, Alectos and 1322's so that's what got me onto pneumatics. I'm a bit too lazy for a multi pump though!
Been putting a few pellets through the Comapct today and it is shocking how bad my trigger technique is! May be some time before I embarrass myself in a postal comp I think! I had forgotten how hugely addictive pistol shooting is, a bit gutted I didn't get back into it sooner.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

introduction

Post by beeker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Welcome Jon , Like you I am finding pistol shooting addictive , just came second in my first league competition , would recommend just diving in and giving it a go .
                    Bill

JonW
Plinker
Plinker

Post by JonW » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Congratulations, how long have you been pistol shooting? I didn't think I would be as bad as I am, those rifles have been flattering me I am guessing!!  :D
My intentions are to fettle the trigger and do some Dremelling to the grip to see if that helps. Maybe you are right, just jump in and watch the scores improve with time.
After ages of shooting at knock down targets at the club with a rifle, I was truly hooked on getting the bullseye on the paper today. The paper targets really do show up your faults!! I am just glad the pellets seem cheap as I am going to need alot of practice.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Hello Jon,

And welcome to the forum.

The Gamo Compact is certainly a very capable gun.

I am pleased to say this is a CO2, multi shot, replica free zone unless, of course, it is one of the classic Crosmans, or similar.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

JonW
Plinker
Plinker

Post by JonW » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks Phil, I am certainly glad I chose the Gamo. There were a few troubles to begin with as the barrel was not tightened down so there was a 5mm gap between breech and port. Once I had the two meeting properly it has been fantastic.
Good news about the replicas, not the biggest fan of them and having a look through the pistols some of the members own, it's also good to see fans of the more vintage and classic pistols. One of the guns I would very much like to own would be an Abas Major although I doubt I am alone in craving one of them.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:57 am

JonW:958 wrote:Congratulations, how long have you been pistol shooting? I didn't think I would be as bad as I am, those rifles have been flattering me I am guessing!!  :D
My intentions are to fettle the trigger and do some Dremelling to the grip to see if that helps. Maybe you are right, just jump in and watch the scores improve with time.
After ages of shooting at knock down targets at the club with a rifle, I was truly hooked on getting the bullseye on the paper today. The paper targets really do show up your faults!! I am just glad the pellets seem cheap as I am going to need alot of practice.
I've been pistol shooting for roughly five months with the N.A.S.G.A.R.C. Club ,Great bunch of guys and the craic is always good. As i've posted on here previously , the winning score in the 1st competition would not make the top ten now , the standards improve rapidly when you shoot on a regular basis. Jump in and try it.  :D
                                                   Bill