A change of direction

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
gigantohawk
A change of direction

Post by gigantohawk » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:40 am

Hi everybody,
Let me introduce myself.
I'm Nick and I've been back in the pistol hobby for just over a year, enjoying some success/disasters with various BB Blowback pistols. I would like a Co2 pistol that fires pellets with more accuracy and build quality than the my current crop of Blowbacks.
With this in mind I'm seriously considering the Benjamin EB 22 for competitions on this forum. Is this the right pistol for the job ?

cheers,

Nick.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi Nick

Good to see you over here

Im afraid that you will get a slightly biased view from me as I love Benjamin's!

I like using them for comps as they are a challenge due to the rather crude triggers and muzzle flip due to the short barrel combined with relatively high power output. With practice they can achieve quite remrakable accuracy.

At the end of the day I like shooting them in comps as they feel a bit like a living fossil - a design that has not changed in decades, something from another era. I continue to be suprised that they still make them and that no plastic or monkey metal has crept into their construction.

I used my EB22 for this months benchrest and the 6yd comp over on the UBC

Cheers
Ian

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Hello Nick,

And welcome to the forum.

The Benjamin is certainly a worthy pistol, which does come under the category of "classic" in my book.

I think I'd go for the .177 version, personally, you might find it recoils slightly less.

General CO2 replicas tend to be badly made these days, and are often the same mechanism in a different frame.

A good pistol to own is the Original Model 6. I prefer the G to the M though.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

gigantohawk

Post by gigantohawk » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome here Guys.

cheers,

Nick.