Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Mon May 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi to everyone using the forum. I live in Bloxwich: West Midlands: England: and am a retired ex airgunsmith and R & D engineer; I have been shooting Air Weapon Paper Target 6yd & 10m rifle & pistol and Bell Target since 1972. Previously I shot Full Bore rifle & pistol as well as Smallbore rifle & pistol plus shotgun. Guess that makes me a fully fledged shooting nut [and proud of it too]. I have to say hand on heart when I went to my first airgun club meet at Bilston Baths, I was hooked on ''air'' the people were just so amazingly friendly, sadly my live ammo days were not always so. I currently shoot Bell on the Wolverhampton League and paper there also; plus paper at the N. I. S. C. Aldersley. Wolverhampton. I have also had the privilege in the past to shoot on possibly the oldest recorded Bell League - - - the Bridgnorth Bell Target League. I collect and repair airguns for fun and although I now have just a small collection of my previous 400 plus 'madness', it includes Rifles :- Anschutz 220//250 mk I & II//380: Fwb 603: Haenel 550: and my new pride & joy a Tesro 100 eco. Pistols :- FWB C10: Or 5//6: a customised W & S Senior. All of course Target guns. Plus a mixed bag of older guns including a 'one off' W & S Mk III which was used over several years by W & S to ''trial'' possible additions to the model [it has the unusual 2 stage trigger and is still working fine]. I hope my knowledge of once being in the gun trade and a fanatical gathering of info may be of some use to members. Best regards to all; and remember [as posted in the N. I. S. C.] Your worst days Shooting will always be better than your best days Work. Cheers Everyone Bellringer.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: new member

Post by pmh » Mon May 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Hello,

And welcome to the forum.

What an excellent introduction.

There seems to be a more active bell target league in the Midlands than anywhere else.

We have recently started here, but it is slow of the ground at the moment. Hopefully this will pick up soon.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Welcome to CAPA - great to have you here!

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Tue May 14, 2013 8:00 am

Second post second sentence and your first mistake:
and am a retired ex airgunsmith
EX-airgunsmith - "EX" - who are you trying to kid?

Tesro eh! I looked at the Tesro PA10 pistols but only pictures and only online sadly, I would really like to have a go with one. How does the rifle perform? Very difficult not having seen one in the flesh to form any sort of opinion. I would be very interested in hearing yours and welcome aboard.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/