Hey up from Ooop North!!

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker
Hey up from Ooop North!!

Post by johnbaz » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi lads

Only just found this fine forum of classic airguns, was informed about CAPA by Tank, i'd no idea of it's existence!! (glad I found it though as i've been reading up about the nice old Webbo pistols!! 8-)

Anyhow, I've been a gun nut since my first gun that was bought for me by my grandfather at the tender (and safety ignorant!) age of eight!!

The gun was a Webley Junior rifle, it came with paper targets and red plastic reusable pellets!!

I didn't have it for long as after I accidentally shot my dad in the bum, I never saw it again :?

At 55 years of age now I have the utmost regards for safety and was actually on the heath and safety committee at work!!

Been collecting airguns for years but since I packed in smoking in '06 I found that i'd loads of spare cash so the buying went a bit mad! (so did the wife :lol: )

Old Beesas and Webbos are my passion though I do have guns from all over the world!

The tally at the moment is around 98 and another Webley Junior pistol on the way!!

Cheers, John :banana-dance:

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Hey up from Ooop North!!

Post by Tank » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Oh nooooooo! What have I done!

Webleys Eh! See Bob. He started a whole new section here as he is determined to buy up the lot.

Great to see you here.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Post by johnbaz » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Ha ha!!

Thanks for letting me know of the forum :handgestures-thumbup:

Cheers, John :handgestures-thumbupright:

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Hello John,

And welcome to the forum.

My first gun was a Diana Gat gun, given to me by a neighbour. I'd had Herren wanting one for ages, but was never allowed. I then spent many a long hour in the cellar making my own, elastic powered.

In the end they gave in and bought me a Harrington Gat gun for a birthday.

At first, I was quite welcoming of the CO2 replicas which became available but, over recent years, I do feel these are having a negative and damaging effect on airgunning, so am now determined to stick and promote the classic pistols, including modern variations of course.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Post by johnbaz » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi Phil

I have a modern Co2 pistol, it's a Beretta mod92 in matt chrome, it's more like a toy though than the smashing ols Scorpions, Magnum 240s and overlever Webbos :dance:

Cheers, John :P