Hello from Cheshire

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
webley701
Hello from Cheshire

Post by webley701 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Hello.

As many of the pistols relevant to this site are ones I grew up shooting or coveting as a teenager I'm glad they are described as 'classic' & not 'vintage'! :roll:

I started shooting air guns in my grandmothers orchard (pre-teens) then moved onto being a junior member of Sandbach Rifle & Pistol club a few years later. Initially smallbore rifle, later the various UIT pistol disciplines dominated my shooting - mainly free pistol, training for which involved air pistols quite heavily. Obviously the free pistol stuff came to an abrupt end & I moved back to rifle shooting - mainly NRA 'TR' but there's also been a fair amount of game shooing & involvement with various vintage firearms along the way.

Although I've done no competitive air pistol shooting for years I kept some of my pistols - for quite a while though I've wanted to devote more time to them & hopefully buy a few of the pistols I longed for as a teenager but never could afford at the time. A very recent purchase of just one of them - a Walther LP 3 Match coincided with the discovery of this site - so here I am.

There's some great information on the site. I noticed someone posted a request for a contemporary review of a FWB model 90, I've got something that fits the bill so I'll post it shortly in an attempt to contribute in some way.

Regards
Russell

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Cheshire

Post by pmh » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:32 am

Hello Russell,

And welcome to the forum.

We wanted to create an area away from all the "macho" firearm replica air guns which, I am sure, will eventually lead to further air gun restrictions.

All reviews, observations, thoughts, etc are gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:45 am

Hello Russell,

Welcome to the CAPA forum where I'm sure you will be able contribute as much as you learn.

Regards

Brian

wmp50075
Plinker
Plinker

Post by wmp50075 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm

welcome russell. from your name i am guessing your another 'wobbley' fan? welcome to the fold.
andyL

Jim caffery

Post by Jim caffery » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Hello mate, where abouts in Cheshire are you, nice to have someone local on the site.
Jim

webley701

Post by webley701 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Jim caffery wrote:Hello mate, where abouts in Cheshire are you, nice to have someone local on the site.
Jim
Hello Jim,

I'm from Sandbach.

I generally shoot (fullbore stuff) at Diggle & Altcar although I shot many years ago with the Hydra at Northwich.

Regards
Russell

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Post by kj68 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Hello mate welcome to the forum, great bunch on here.
Atb kj68 :)
Happy Shooting