Hello from Wolverhampton

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
demoncase
Hello from Wolverhampton

Post by demoncase » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:38 am

Hi there!

I'm Jon from Wolverhampton.

Myself and The Better Half are both NSRA Members and club members at Aldersley Shooting Centre in Wolverhampton, where we shoot at least once a week.
I've been shooting since age 9- so 26 years and counting....Eeek.

I'm currently campaigning a 1980 vintage FWB300S with a left handed stock (Yes, I'm a cack-hander) and The Better Half is learning to use a 1973 vintage Walther LGR- the family that shoots together stays together! :)

Also in the armoury is my 24 year old Webley Excel, a 23 year old BSA Supersport and a unknown vintage BSA Meteor Mk2....Plus a couple of more recent vintage Umarex CO2 .177 pistols.

Still gutted I had to sell my Webley Tempest way back when.

I'm very, very interested in getting hold of a Gamo Compact, for when my Feinwerkbau starts to weigh too heavy ;)

Thanks for having me!
Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint.

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Hello from Wolverhampton

Post by Certus » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:34 am

Hello Jon,

Welcome to the forum where I'm sure you will find lots of interest to you both.

Gamo Compact in Sales thread below.

http://www.classicapa.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=978" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards

Brian

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Post by kj68 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi Jon welcome to the forum,
atb kj68 :D
Happy Shooting

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Jon Hi, welcome to a very friendly and informative forum, you will enjoy being part of it I'm sure. I am almost a neighbour living in Bloxwich. I also shoot at Aldersley usually on Thursday nights, so if you are there just ask for Ray; it will be nice to have a get together. bellringer :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Last edited by bellringer on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Hello Jon,

And welcome to the forum.

I have a Walther LGR and like it very much. However a recurring shoulder injury make this a difficult rifle for me to cock. As such, the Feinwerkbau 300s is a much better rifle for me to cock.

That said, both are a dream to actually shoot and are equally capable.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

demoncase

Post by demoncase » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:49 am

bellringer wrote:Jon Hi, welcome to a very friendly and informative forum, you will enjoy being part of it I'm sure. I am almost a neighbour living in Bloxwich. I also shoot at Aldersley usually on Thursday nights, so if you are there just ask for Ray; it will be nice to have a get together. bellringer :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Awesome- we shoot on random days, but Thursdays do tend to be the most common....Next time we're in on Thursday I'll come and say hi
:D
If you see a speccy herbert shooting an FWB300S next to a lady shooting a Walther LGR, that'll be us.
Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint.

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi thanks for the reply, I am often on the 6yd range with a Pardini P10 pistol or a Tesro rifle, these are my "comp" guns; but I also bring another target gun along just to give them an airing on a rotational basis. Would love to meet you and your good lady. ATB bellringer