Back garden or club shooter

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
wadcutter
Back garden or club shooter

Post by wadcutter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi I often have thought where other forum members do their shooting. Well I used to be in a shooting club but it has since folded due to land rights. And I'm not travelling a hundred miles to my next club. So I have decided to make a 10 meter course in my back garden with all aspects of safety in place. I know I won't have fellow members to chat to but I can go out in the garden whenever I feel like. Where do you shoot. :D
Regards

Kevin

Diana Original 6G Pistol

gab
Plinker
Plinker

Re: Back garden or club shooter

Post by gab » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 am

I shoot weeknights after work in my garage. On weekends I sometimes drive the 30 minutes to the local handgun range where I am a member and shoot both airguns and vintage revolvers, mostly in .455. I sometimes get strange looks from other members shooting air pistols and air rifles on a firearms range, but it is allowed according to the club rules.

wadcutter

Post by wadcutter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 am

Hi gab thanks for replying its always nice to know where fellow forum members like to shoot. :D
Regards

Kevin

Diana Original 6G Pistol

fronteria
Plinker
Plinker

Post by fronteria » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:14 pm

I shoot at a 25 yard club indoor range, a outside 75 yard Range which was originally a USA Air Force WW11 bomber airfield the range was where they tested and zeroed the .50 machine guns on the B17's with my Colt Walker and Scottish all Steel Pistol replicas, and my garden with the airguns.
Regards Jeff

wadcutter

Post by wadcutter » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi Jeff thanks for explaining where you shoot I have tried a club which is 5 mins up the road from me which I found by chance on the net so hoping to receive word. :D
Regards

Kevin

Diana Original 6G Pistol

gary5031

Post by gary5031 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Whatcha,
Very new to the sport and live in quite a built up area so i've joined a local club. Highly recommended as the advice from seasoned shooters have been invaluable.
Cheers,
Gary
BASH ON!!