Your shooting preferences?

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
Rincewind
Plinker
Plinker
Your shooting preferences?

Post by Rincewind » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:50 pm

I thought it might be interesting to see what disciplines member like to shoot.

I shoot 10m and 20yard air pistol seriously

Rapid fire and standard air pistol a little less seriously

Rimfire ( rapid fire and bench rest - iron sight rifle still less seriously

Shot gun for fun.  Not that it isn't all fun.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:01 pm

I used to enter field target competitions, which I liked, but a lack of space and clubs put me back onto pistols.

Currently, I shoot 10m and 6 yard,  but I am not sure if I would like to go for anything further.

I've not had my shotgun out for a number of years now, as I have lost touch with the people I used to shoot with.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Up until November last year I regularly shot IPAS and did some weekly HFT type outdoor shooting with 5ft/lb + pistols. I also shot 10m match until March of this year. A combination of work commitments and health problems curtailed all of these.

At the moment I have a nice 6 yards set up in the garage - paper and knock down targets. Some freestanding two and one handed and some using a pistol bench rest.

I have just started entering the UBC on line comps again and of course the bench rest comp on here.

I may do some pistol HFT next year if I get the time

:)

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Shooting preferences

Post by zunmik » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:29 pm

For me first love is FT which seems ridiculous as medical problems have prevented me from doing this since 2001 !, since then i have been involved in air pistol 10 mtrs/6yds, both at club level & on the internet shoots, sadly my club closed down a few years ago which left me just with internet shoots. I do prefer the clubshoots where all scores are independantly checked & witnessed. The internet has of course allowed many who could not get to clubs to compete.I am currently recovering from shoulder & back injuries & have started light practice again for Pistol as well as bell target rifle which i hope to compete at in the new year, M.  :)
PS used to shoot rimmies both pistol & rifle, again stopped due to injuries & the crazy pistol ban. :x
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

shooting preference

Post by beeker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:48 pm

I've just completed my first year shooting hft and hft extreme , massive fun , till I was introduced to competition pistol shooting at our club (NASGARC)
Even better , the close proximity of the shooters makes for better craic and the fun level is high.The standard has been improving steadily since start up , as have the number of members participating.
:D