Thoroughly enjoying the forum but.....

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker
Thoroughly enjoying the forum but.....

Post by Plinkit » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:36 pm

..... I just wish there were more out there.

I would love to see the emergence of more air pistol forums. I love the idea of air pistol forums becoming as popular as their air rifle counterparts as regards sites and forums.

What do you guys think?
>>>This space has been reserved for a witty signature<<<

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Thank you for the kind words.

Any forum is only as good as it's members, and I think we have a thoroughly splendid set of chaps as members.

I suppose you can never have enough of a good thing, but time nay be a factor.

I am a member of 3 music forums, 4 gun forums, a fly fishing forum, and probably others I have forgotten about.

With time, I find my time divided between here, the UBC, and the ABBS, which is comfortably manageable.

Any more and I think I'd miss on too many good posts.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:47 pm

I agree - it would be nice to see some more perhaps catering for the various niches within pistol shooting. With the best will in the world no one forum is going to be the 'right' place for everyone either from a content, style or general feel point of view.

The more the better. They are free and easy to start and provided that your IT skills are better than mine pretty easy to run!

Why dont you start another one Andy? I would be happy to sign up!

chriscp1991

Post by chriscp1991 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:06 pm

i agree but are there enough (for example) airguns out there, old & new, that could cater for more & more forums? They could be all too similar & therefore invalid..
I agree in other markets, more forums are a necessity but for airguns I think we are adequately catered for :)

chriscp1991

Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Plinkit » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Ian:1306 wrote:I agree - it would be nice to see some more perhaps catering for the various niches within pistol shooting. With the best will in the world no one forum is going to be the 'right' place for everyone either from a content, style or general feel point of view.

The more the better. They are free and easy to start and provided that your IT skills are better than mine pretty easy to run!

Well you never know what is just around the corner  :wink:

Not sure if the public is quite ready for a forum Plinkit style just yet though.  :lol:

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Plinkit:1310 wrote:
Ian:1306 wrote:I agree - it would be nice to see some more perhaps catering for the various niches within pistol shooting. With the best will in the world no one forum is going to be the 'right' place for everyone either from a content, style or general feel point of view.

Well you never know what is just around the corner  :wink:

Not sure if the public is quite ready for a forum Plinkit style just yet though.  :lol:
Well I'm pretty sure it would be a quite unique place

Sign me up!

:lol:

Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Plinkit » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm

chriscp1991:1309 wrote:i agree but are there enough (for example) airguns out there, old & new, that could cater for more & more forums? They could be all too similar & therefore invalid..
I agree in other markets, more forums are a necessity but for airguns I think we are adequately catered for :)

chriscp1991
Sorry Chris but I totally disagree with that. The more forums the more the sport is promoted and the more strength in voice that the participants of the sport have. Yes I agree there will always be a similarity but that can be said for any sport/hobby forum. Personally I love choices.  :D