Bulk fill Tau/Drulov

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
micken
Marksman
Marksman
Bulk fill Tau/Drulov

Post by micken » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:53 pm

Need some advice please. I've been using a Hambleton Bard cylinder to bulk fill a single Tau 7. I've now got a couple of these and a Du-10, including an original fill bottle. I intend to get a CO2 cylinder with a 6kg fill and need advice about fittings to connect the transfer bottles to it.

Thanks, Mick.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Graham has been doing a lot of bulk fill recently, so hopefully he'll be along soon to give some hints and tips.

I think Bob also had quite a bit of experience in this field too.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks Phil, I got good deals on the last two pistols and I'm looking forward to giving them a fair time at the range.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:59 pm

I will be able to give a more comprehensive answer when I have a little time but Nick makes an adapter to decant from "the Big bottle" to the little one.
Contact him here: http://www.magic9designltd.com/
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:03 pm

I take it too from your post that you have a couple of Hambleton Bard bottles - not a couple of Tau7's?

:shock:
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:19 pm

It's two Tau-7's and one Du-10. I had a single .22 Tau-7 and then picked up a .177 Tau-7 and the Drulov in a deal that I couldn't refuse. A sort of bogof  :wink:
All 3 are in excellent condition and shoot well.

Thanks for the info on Nick I'll contact him once I've sorted a big cylinder out.

Mick

Ian1964

Re: Bulk fill Tau/Drulov

Post by Ian1964 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Can anyone advise me on what size of bottle the Drulov takes for bulk refill? I have just bought one off Graham (Tank?) and I think I'm going to be getting through a lot of canisters. This is the best shooting fun I've had since I used to shoot semiauto .22s in the old days.

An absolute hoot of a pistol.

Ian

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Fri May 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi Ian, glad to see you enjoying the gun!
You can go through ammo and CO2 in no time. I was going to send you a bottle but it took the postage costs into Pallet Shipping territory regarding cost. You need to contact Nick - I will put his details in the DIY section - at magic9design as he will be able to make you an adapter so you can decant into the small cylinder from the "stores".

CO2 12g caplets - I have decided that buying them off ebay is the way forward with this. I bought 25 - delivered - for eight quid couple of weeks ago. I don't use a huge amount of these but I point blank (can I say that on a shooting forum?) refuse to pay a pound each. The trick is to buy them when you don't need them, because if you are buying them when you do need them, no bargains will be found.

Forward planning on this one.

I have sold the Drulov to fund another gun and now it is all sorted it will be with me next week - before Thursday I hope - so I can annoy everyone with it at the club!
graham.

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Sat May 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi Ian, you could bulk fill from a fire extinguisher with an appropriate adapter or use a Hambleton Bard cylinder that has the correct fitting for both tihe Drulov and Tau. I've gone down the latter route and got a cylinder that takes 15kg of CO2 to fill the transfer bottle up from. I've contacted Nick (magicniner) who is making me an adapter to connect the two.

Cheers, Mick.