Air Pistols Stuck in Coventry?

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
pmh
Site Admin
Re: Air Pistols Stuck in Coventry?

Post by pmh » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Good news that your complaint was upheld.

I do get disappointed with compensation awards, as they seem to think this rectifies all problems.

I'd rather get a note that staff have been regained, and an internal memo issued, reminding staff about their duty of care and requirement to act in a lawful manner at all times.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Re: Air Pistols Stuck in Coventry?

Post by johnbaz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:14 pm

One of my by bad experiences with Royal Fail was when I bought two Webley mk1 pistols from a chap, I paid, he let me know that he'd posted them by Porcelfarce 48 service (this was before parcelforce would deliver guns :? ) Straight away I thought 'Oh no' :cry:

One week later the parcel hadn't arrived so I contacted the seller and told him about my concerns so he went to the post office to find out what had happened!

He got back to me later in the day! (can't believe what had happened!) The two old biddies in the PO accused him of all sorts of wrong doings (Not addressing the parcel correctly, leaving off postcodes etc) then one old biddy looks under the counter and retrieves a parcel! Is this the one?!!

The silly old sausage had forgotten to put it in the sack for collection!! :snooty:

Had I been the seller I would have demanded my money back as it wasn't delivered in the 48 hours through no fault of his :evil: :evil:

I received the guns eventually but once more, it shows the ineptitude of the 'can't be bothered brigade' in the post office :evil:

I'm not saying all the Post office employees are useless as I know our Postie works damned hard to get stuff to the door but there seems to be more than the fair share of idiots, thieves and useless managers that are employed by the postal service :(

John :P