Air Pistols Stuck in Coventry?

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
pmh
Site Admin
Re: Air Pistols Stuck in Coventry?

Post by pmh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:13 pm

They appear to have missed off:-

Letters, parcels, children's birthday cards containing less than £20, anything that can't be broken due to mishandling, any item that can be used to track or identify their incompetence.

Makes you wonder how they survive or how the regulator actually let's them get away with it.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:37 pm

If I am interpreting this correctly, you cannot send your mobile phone back for repair unless you pack it all back up in it's "manufacturers unopened packaging"? :shock:
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:46 am

Fantastic - Parcelforce have excelled themselves and my errant parcel has arrived this morning, less than 24 hours after its release from the Coventry penitentiary .

First impressions are that it was well worth the wait, though I hope I don't have another such experience with Coventry.

Ian

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:09 am

Good news!

I am pleased everything ended-up OK, but it would have been much better without all of the stress and delays !
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Conclusion.

I have just received the response to my complaint over this issue -sent to them on 6th June.
My complaint has been upheld and I've been awarded £25 compensation, though compensation was not the purpose of the complaint.
It would appear that they might have taken some of my comments on board and they appear to have made a note for their officers that a Feinwerkbau model 2 pistol is within the legal limit and need not be detained.

One of their problems seems to be the delay between a gun being identified ( presumably by X-ray) and somebody actually opening the parcel to have a look and make a decision- over 3 weeks in this particular case. If they dealt with it straight away, I'm sure the backlog would be reduced.

As I have bought several times from Germany without any problems, I feel I was just unlucky on this occasion.
I hope I don't have to go through the same experience again.

Ian

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Good news that your complaint was upheld.

I do get disappointed with compensation awards, as they seem to think this rectifies all problems.

I'd rather get a note that staff have been regained, and an internal memo issued, reminding staff about their duty of care and requirement to act in a lawful manner at all times.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Post by johnbaz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:14 pm

One of my by bad experiences with Royal Fail was when I bought two Webley mk1 pistols from a chap, I paid, he let me know that he'd posted them by Porcelfarce 48 service (this was before parcelforce would deliver guns :? ) Straight away I thought 'Oh no' :cry:

One week later the parcel hadn't arrived so I contacted the seller and told him about my concerns so he went to the post office to find out what had happened!

He got back to me later in the day! (can't believe what had happened!) The two old biddies in the PO accused him of all sorts of wrong doings (Not addressing the parcel correctly, leaving off postcodes etc) then one old biddy looks under the counter and retrieves a parcel! Is this the one?!!

The silly old sausage had forgotten to put it in the sack for collection!! :snooty:

Had I been the seller I would have demanded my money back as it wasn't delivered in the 48 hours through no fault of his :evil: :evil:

I received the guns eventually but once more, it shows the ineptitude of the 'can't be bothered brigade' in the post office :evil:

I'm not saying all the Post office employees are useless as I know our Postie works damned hard to get stuff to the door but there seems to be more than the fair share of idiots, thieves and useless managers that are employed by the postal service :(

John :P