I love Sunday mornings!

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
I love Sunday mornings!

Post by Ian » Sun May 12, 2013 12:16 pm

One of the few times that I am left in peace to get some shooting done without being interrupted!

Ive had about 5 hours practice with the new Premier over the past two days - just about got the sights adjusted now (so the poor scores will be down to me - cant blame the pistol). As mentioned elsewhere the 'daysiter' dayglow spots are a great help. Die hard traditionalists should not fret about a 40+ year old Webley being ruined - they come off very easily and no one would ever know they were there! Definitely not as smooth as a .22 in my eyes but very nice to shoot all the same. Ive just about got it under control but lots more practice is required. Its a shock going back to one handed shooting after all this time using two! Bench rest shooting is interesting as it shoots way higher then freehand - not that Im going to be adjusting the sights for this after Ive got them where I want them.

I love these little guns

pmh
Site Admin

Re: I love Sunday mornings!

Post by pmh » Sun May 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Excellent set up.

We have been contemplating putting a door into the garage from the kitchen, and I'm sure I'd do a lot more shooting if I didn't have to keep going outside to get in.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon May 13, 2013 2:45 pm

I am seriously considering one o' them thar Baikal pistols. I hear that the newer ones have sort of "gone back to their roots" and the build quality is now very close to the first models produced. If this is true and the quality is that good I am having one for when "the Boys" come around and we engage in some serious backyard shooting.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Mon May 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Tank wrote:I am seriously considering one o' them thar Baikal pistols. I hear that the newer ones have sort of "gone back to their roots" and the build quality is now very close to the first models produced. If this is true and the quality is that good I am having one for when "the Boys" come around and we engage in some serious backyard shooting.
Yup, quality is right back to where it was at the beginning - weapons grade steel thoughout and a machined (as opposed to cast) slide. I defy anyone to wear one of these out! The magazines are even better than the first ones as they are not as ammo fussy. Mine shoots really well with H&N lead balls with very few jams. Not the most accurate of pistols but better than a lot of BB guns available and great fun. I think that compared to the monkey metal and plastic wonders a lot of people seem to rave about these days they are good for the money.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon May 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Ian wrote:I think that compared to the monkey metal and plastic wonders a lot of people seem to rave about these days they are good for the money.
To be perfectly frank I bought a Tanfoglio Witness for a "bit of a larrf" in the garden. I shot it about three magazines full and realised very quickly the parts fit more by good luck than good management. Although many people rave about them I cannot see why to be honest. That is not a criticism of the person but of the build quality of the gun. That and the total lack of magazines.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/