EGun.de

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
kkaiserfnp
EGun.de

Post by kkaiserfnp » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 am

Has anyone purchased a gun from Egun? I live in the US and have noticed some wonderful deals here. I have also noticed that they do not ship internationally at times. The questions I have are:

When I try to PM the seller through Egun, the site says that I cannot send messages even though I am a registered buyer and have a login/account name. I presume this works in a manner similar to Ebay, but cannot get Egun to cooperate. I have tried reading the "help" page, but the Google translation is unintelligible. Is there a way to rectify this? I am hesitant to bid without being able to communicate with the seller.

Are the sales which are restricted to Germany or EU only able to be shipped to the states if the buyer agrees to greater shipping charges? As best as I can discern, the sales without international shipping are so because many postal carriers will not ship airguns, not local restrictions. Is there a pinned topic which might be helpful available?

As a US citizen, I do not believe there are any significant legal restrictions with which I must contend...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-KPK

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Re: EGun.de

Post by jassi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 am

Hi,
I found that I couldn't access the pm facility from the viewing page unless I was already logged in first, then it was OK, so the procedure I use is - view item: put onto ' watch list ': go to 'my gun' & log in: go to watch list and call up item: click on seller name and I'm then able to send message.

Quite a lot of sellers say no international sales, but its worth asking if they will ship to your country. Sometimes they mean they won't ship outside of EU, though that wouldn't help you.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: EGun.de

Post by Ian » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:25 pm

I have bought from there a number of times

Once I had managed to figure out the system and contact the buyer via the eGun system I found it best to switch to a direct email discussion. The sellers I dealt with all spoke perfect English so from that point it was all very straightforward.

Im not sure as to what hurdles there will be as regards import to the States though. One of the few benefits of being part of the EU 'super state' is that posting air guns between member countries does not seem to pose and great problems. I have had pistols delivered from Germany and Italy almost as fast as from within England.

There are often some great pistols and good prices on eGun so it can be worth the effort.

Ian