A visit to Lawrie Amatruda's workshop!

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
A visit to Lawrie Amatruda's workshop!

Post by Ian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Having finally sourced a Crosman 600 that I liked I thought it best to have it checked and resealed. Well, the choice of where to take it wasn't hard - Lawrie Amatruda has an excellent reputation for the quality of his work with CO2 and SSP guns. Ive owned a few in the past that have been sorted out by him and they have been tip top.

I PM'd him earlier in the week (on the BBS forum) and being as I work in Surrey he suggested that I drop it off to avoid postage costs and hassle so I arranged to call round this morning.

When I arrived he asked if I was in a hurry, as if I wasnt I was more than welcome to watch him at work. Despite being on my way to a meeting I decided to make the time as this was an opportunity I wasnt going to miss.

Lawrie dismantled the pistol explaining the function of each part and common problems. I was particularly fascinated to watch him fabricate seals to a precise fit.

He then checked that everything worked OK using a variety of pellets.

All for £30!

Afterwards he showed me a 600 he had converted into a rifle - he even apologised for not having the time to show me some of his other unusual and rare pistols!

What a gent!

(Wish Id taken my camera!)

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 pm

He phoned me one Saturday evening to let me know he had completed my 6G, and we nattered for ages.

He is truly a gent and worthy of a documentary or two.

Would make much more interesting viewing the the tatt on the telly these days.

Kind regards,

Phil