Problems updates

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
bellringer
Marksman
Marksman
Problems updates

Post by bellringer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi everyone. A couple of updates, firstly thanks to all who responded to my post ref my wife's sudden illness in June with messages of support, thanks to all; gladly I can say that thanks to some miracles she is now on the mend and is currently undergoing tests to determine what happens next. Secondly I had major problems purchasing goods from a German company; I had to go as far as raising a claim with pay pal which as it turns out was useless; if they get proof of postage that's it: the claim goes to the sender; whether you get your goods or not seems irrelevant; it transpires that DHL lost the package but took three weeks to confirm it, despite knowing one location through its tracking system. However I have to congratulate the company "Buingers", who were helpfull throughout, and who on confirmation that the package was lost, immediately sent a replacement parcel which I got in 4 days. That seems to be worth a recommendation I think, so I am doing just that "good company and very reputable". That's all for now, good news on two counts "Oh!" and 'icing on the cake' I am getting dedicated physio on my shoulder so that I can manage to lift my pistol high enough to aim at a target, I never expected recovery to take this long, but there seems to be light at the end of what has been a long dark multi-branched tunnel. Great Forum keep up the good work. Cheers Bellringer.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Problems updates

Post by pmh » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Glad to hear everything is coming together.

I always believe in the adage "never give up", as perseverance often pays off.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Glad to hear your shoulder is responding to treatment, I've had the same problem for about 3 years the physio was brilliant got me back into shooting, and I am nearly back to my best @ freehand pistol, but I still do my daily physio exercises combined with shooting lighter guns its put a grin back on my face, Good luck & keep @ at it, atb, M. :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

wmp50075
Plinker
Plinker

Post by wmp50075 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:52 pm

it's great to hear that your wife is on the mend.
very best regards my friend.
andyL

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:07 pm

wmp50075 wrote:it's great to hear that your wife is on the mend.
very best regards my friend.
andyL
Well spotted sorry I missed that bit :oops: , I to am delighted your good lady is on the mend, atb, M.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi Ray,

I am sorry to say that I never usually look at any section on the various shooting forums other than those that relate directly to air weapons, collecting and shooting them,....... but for some reason I strayed away from my usual restricted searches and stumbled upon this and your first thread regarding your recent bad news.

My wife also collapsed at home some time back and when I ran upstairs to find out what the crashing noise was I found her out cold on the floor with no signs of any breathing or pulse, and I have to say that it was the most frightening experience I have ever had and the long wait for the ambulance felt like hours followed by the hospital time as they worked out what had happened to her and how best to treat her.

Like your wife, mine is now well on the way to a good recovery, but she has also had a mini-stroke since then that also caused me some more concern at the time, but good progress has been made - so never give up hope!

Our similarities continue as a badly damaged neck following a rugby injury some years ago now comes back to haunt me with restricted movement and pain that buggers-up the pistol shooting whenever it decides to renew the acquaintance with me, and so also like you I need to work to regain some of the lost movement and reduce the pain so I can shoot as well as is it is possible to achieve at the time..............and this can vary quite a bit!

Never give up hope Ray - a positive outlook is half way towards a cure.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.