Bisley worth going to

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker
Bisley worth going to

Post by Thirdwheel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:51 pm

There is an event at Bisley 19 - 20 0ct and they say they have a fair at the same time - What kind of stuff is in sale? is it worth haveing a look in to for air pistol stuff? Or would it be fun to go to just for the day out.

George

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Bisley worth going to

Post by Certus » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Hello George,

The 19th & 20th October Bisley Trafalgar meeting does indeed include an arms fair held in the pavilion. Although the fair is mainly centred around historic and very expensive live firearms, their are usually thee tables primarily offering vintage and classic air guns and accessories. In addition to this, other dealers often have the odd air gun related items for sale. Entrance and parking are free and refreshments are available both in the pavilion and at other venues such as the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association. I have obtained most of my collection (mainly pistols) from Bisley fairs over the years both at the Trafalgar and the Phoenix meeting held earlier in the year. It's worth noting that a specific Bisley Arms Fair is held just one week later to which an entrance fee is charged with no additional trade attendance evident.

The NSRA headquarters and shop are also worth a visit to take a look at some of the more modern equipment used by today's top airgunners.

So, I would definitely recommend a visit to the trade fair with the bonus of a wander around the ranges to watch some shooting.

Regards

Brian

Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Thirdwheel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Very many thanks for the enlightening reply, and that it will be worth a visit, I will try and have a wander over there and try and not buy anything!!

Many thanks
George

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:37 am

Thirdwheel wrote:Very many thanks for the enlightening reply, and that it will be worth a visit, I will try and have a wander over there and try and not buy anything!!

Many thanks
George
Hello George,

Good luck with that as I haven't managed to come away unscathed yet !

Regards

Brian