The final piece

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
The final piece

Post by Tank » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:31 pm

As some of you know, I have had precious little time to do anything just of late. The last couple of weeks have been "challenging" and I am being kind here. Nonetheless, onwards and upwards. I have been building/converting what was left of my garage after the office conversion. It left a space of 14 foot by 12 foot approx. I have insulated as much as possible - especially the ceiling, it is full of fibreglass and rigid insulation, the walls that I could get to have two inches of insulation as a minimum, there are only a few inaccessible areas that I cannot get at for various reasons that remain un-insulated, they will have to remain for a while.
I have almost finished the workshop now and today I added the what is, for now, the final most essential piece of equipment. These are the budget speakers from Tannoy, the Mercury. They are good bookshelf speakers, I used a bit of Dexion :D

They are powered by a Quad 303 power amp that has been carefully rebuilt and a Cambridge pre-amp because it gives me a remote control for the volume. The music is a Netbook attached to a DAC and I use tight VNC to remotely que the music I want to play from the iPad in the workshop, all the electronic bits are in the office - where I have a very nice pair of Bowers and Wilkins speakers :-))

I have no CNC kit in the workshop!

Yet.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/