fettling gamo compact trigger

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
micawber

Post by micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Well guys I finally finished fettling my gamo compact trigger, First I striped down the trigger mechanism smoothed and polished all the moving parts with a fine file and finished with 1200 grit wet and dry (the surfaces were pretty rough) then assembled it all with a touch of molly grease on the moving parts, I kept the original springs, I then replaced the trigger adjusting screw with a longer one from a light switch wall cover, (the original screw is 12mm long the new screw is 14mm long)  I screwed the new in with the gun cocked but( NOT LOADED) till it went off then backed the screw off 1/2 a turn, the trigger is smooth and much lighter suites me fine. :D  :D  :D
Last edited by micawber on Sat May 04, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat May 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Excellent.

You can note put it to good use in one of our competitions.  :lol:

Pity you didn't take any pics as you went along, as it would have made an interesting and useful guide for others.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

micawber

Post by micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Sorry I didn't think to take any fotos but its much easier than it sounds  :oops:

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat May 04, 2013 12:57 pm

We've all done it.  :D

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: fettling gamo compact trigger

Post by zunmik » Sat May 04, 2013 6:08 pm

micawber:2753 wrote:Well guys I finally finished fettling my gamo compact trigger, First I striped down the trigger mechanism smoothed and polished all the moving parts with a fine file and finished with 1200 grit wet and dry (the surfaces were pretty rough) then assembled it all with a touch of molly grease on the moving parts, I kept the original springs, I then replaced the trigger adjusting screw with a longer one from a light switch wall cover, (the original screw is 12mm long the new screw is 14mm long)  I screwed the new in with the gun cocked but( NOT LOADED) till it went off then backed the screw off 1/2 a turn, the trigger is smooth and much lighter suites me fine. :D  :D  :D
Delighted you have got it sorted, and adjusted to your liking i am a great fan of these pistols which i think are much under rated, enjoy, M. 8)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

micawber

Post by micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 6:15 pm

I am now trying to source luminous stick on dots for my sights, anybody know where I can buy them.  :?:

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat May 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Ian knows about these and had previously posted a thread on the, link >here<.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sat May 04, 2013 6:45 pm

micawber:2762 wrote:I am now trying to source luminous stick on dots for my sights, anybody know where I can buy them.  :?:
I have threatened for some time to do a tutorial on highlighting or outlining contrasting front and rear sights. I have a colleague whose day job is research and development with luminous/flourescent paints and coatings especially for instruments - including watch markers and hands.
The problem with "flourescent" coatings is that there is never enough ambient light around a sight to properly excite the coatings to any degree. I have also some Tritium tubes and they are great at night - they need nothing to excite them, the Tritium gas is always active.
By far and away the best colour to use is green, this is always the brightest colour. I have had great success using green flourescent paint on the front sight and Orange outlining the U of the rear sight. Another technique is to use a green dot on the front sight and two orange (or green - I prefer a contrasting colour) dots - one on either side of the U on the rear sight.
Ian has bought stuff from ebay before now and used it with success - he will be along shortly to elaborate I am sure.
Meanwhile, I will consider the tuttorial:-)
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Sat May 04, 2013 8:17 pm

As detailed in the link in the previous post I have experimented with night/daysiter dots and strips from the States. I first came across these when I shot IPAS. Some shooters only used them on the foresight, others used the same colour on foresight and rearsight and some like different colours front and back. I guess its down to what suits your eyes and we are all different. My own preference is to have a green dot on the foresight only if Im going to use them at all.

micawber

Post by micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 9:23 pm

I think I will try some luminous pant used on fishing floats first just on the front sight, I have white paint on my beeman p17 and it seems to work best when it is on the front sight with the back unpainted.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sat May 04, 2013 9:40 pm

micawber:2776 wrote:I think I will try some luminous pant used on fishing floats first just on the front sight, I have white paint on my beeman p17 and it seems to work best when it is on the front sight with the back unpainted.
That would work fine. In fact I have used Tippex on a front blade with some degree of success. It is a nice bright white and comes off easily too.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.

micawber

Post by micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Good idea, I never thought of that, I'll try that first.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat May 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Humbrol model Paris are good too.

A cocktail sick leaves a nice dot.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sat May 04, 2013 10:20 pm

I use watch and clock oilers like these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oil-Pins-for- ... 4172bd09bd
as I find they are a little more precise. But that is just me. Nothing wrong with a cocktail stick.
graham.

micawber

Post by micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I've got a load of cocktail sticks so I'll try those first.