HW 55T

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your rifles.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
HW 55T

Post by zooma » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:00 am

I collected HW55 rifles for some time and have now decided it is time to exercise them all a little more often so I took my absolutely mint HW55T down to RMTC last night to see how it performed. The 55T is the Tyrollean stocked version of the Model 55 with the distinctive raised cheek piece.

The HW55 rifle shoots beautifully and with just the right amount of power for a match air rifle with very little recoil that does not interfere with the follow-through hold.

This is a very impressive rifle and it is a shame not to use it as often as possible. I have a second HW55T and some other variants so when I have photographed them all for bobsairguns I will thin-out the collection and just keep one of them so it gets used rather than just stored like all the others.

The HW55T is not a heavy rifle and to me it has a perfect balance and is extremely accurate despite still dieseling a little since being woken from its sleep.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Re: HW 55T

Post by bellringer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi. I have to say I do envy anyone who owns a Tyrolean stocked rifle. I competed against a guy in the '70's & '80's who had a FWB 150 T; he did promise me first refusal when he came to sell it but we lost contact and I never did own that gun; I often wonder where it might be now. However on the theme of using it in competition, even on bell target which is ''easier'' on regulations than most other disciplines, you should check if the stock type is allowed. I only know of the Bridgnorth Air Rifle League allowing its use, all other leagues I have known don't allow 'T' stocks as they are considered a ''shooters aid'' and sadly are frowned upon. I hope you don't have this problem where you shoot and I do envy you the chance to shoot such a lovely gun in competition. Regards with much envy bellringer. :drool:

zooma

Re: HW 55T

Post by zooma » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:30 am

bellringer wrote:Hi. I have to say I do envy anyone who owns a Tyrolean stocked rifle. I competed against a guy in the '70's & '80's who had a FWB 150 T; he did promise me first refusal when he came to sell it but we lost contact and I never did own that gun; I often wonder where it might be now. However on the theme of using it in competition, even on bell target which is ''easier'' on regulations than most other disciplines, you should check if the stock type is allowed. I only know of the Bridgnorth Air Rifle League allowing its use, all other leagues I have known don't allow 'T' stocks as they are considered a ''shooters aid'' and sadly are frowned upon. I hope you don't have this problem where you shoot and I do envy you the chance to shoot such a lovely gun in competition. Regards with much envy bellringer. :drool:
We have no rules against then use of Tyroean stocks in the East Lanc's Bell Target League where we encourage the use of all classic air rifles.

I have a few Tyrolean rifles in my collection that I unfortunately need to thin-out a little so let me know when you next lust after one as I may have something interesting that could tempt you!
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.