Webley Box

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
CO2retired
Webley Box

Post by CO2retired » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:57 pm

My first attempt at constructing a box for my senior, without having the real box in hand.
Attachments
Picture 034.jpg
Picture 033.jpg
Picture 032.jpg

CO2retired

Re: Webley Box

Post by CO2retired » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Senior Box
Attachments
Picture 036.jpg
Picture 035.jpg

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Hello,

From the pictures it appears you have made an excellent job of the reproduction Webley Senior box. Although I obviously prefer originally boxed pistols, I have no problem with using reproduction boxes for those bought without boxes. I would much rather store them in cardboard boxes instead of boring old canvas pistol sleeves. I haven't come across any reproduction boxes which have been made better than your example.

Well done.

Brian
Last edited by Certus on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leonardj
Marksman
Marksman

Post by Leonardj » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:55 pm

An outstanding job, Wes - very well done.
Especially since you didn't even have one of the original boxes to use as a pattern.

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Post by kj68 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi there excellent job on the repro box, looks great and its something to store the pistol in.

atb kj68 :clap:
Happy Shooting

Hamish

Post by Hamish » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 am

Certus wrote:Hello,

From the pictures it appears you have made an excellent job of the reproduction Webley Senior box. Although I obviously prefer originally boxed pistols, I have no problem with using reproduction boxes for those bought without boxes. I would much rather store them in cardboard boxes instead of boring old canvas pistol sleeves. I haven't come across any reproduction boxes which have been made better than your example.

Well done.

Brian
Nice job Wes.
Wes paid me a visit on his way through to visit a relative a while back.
As I had an original box (or I should say most of the pieces of one) with labels in decent shape, which came off readily after a soak in hot water.
I supplied him with scans of the labels and dimensions of what was left of the box.

Looking at the pictures of his repro box, I noticed that he had touched up a few letters on the end label and added a .22 (my original has a .177, apparently "rubber stamped" on the end label)
Attachments
DSCF3131sss.jpg