BAA

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
Barry in IN
BAA

Post by Barry in IN » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:34 pm

BAA= Born Again Airgunner. That's me. I seem to be buying airguns I used to have, or used to want but couldn't afford because I was ten. The latest two are a Webley Tempest like I once owned, and a Walther LP53 I used to drool over.

This forum has been an interesting and useful resource during this phase of mine.
OK, "phase" is the wrong word because it implies it's temporary. I don't expect, nor desire, this to be temporary.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: BAA

Post by pmh » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:36 pm

Hello Barry,

And welcome to the forum.

I haven't bought anything in a while, as I have been concentrating on other things, but still keep an eye out for that item of nostalgia.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Barry in IN

Post by Barry in IN » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:00 am

Thanks for the welcome.

I was just remembering that I bought a like-new S&W 77A air rifle a couple years ago. It was more or less a "replacement" for the 77A I dragged all over the countryside as a kid. I think I was as proud of that "new" one as any gun I've ever bought.

Of course I had to turn right around and find a 78G pistol like I wanted back then

Barry in IN

Post by Barry in IN » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:37 am

The inventory of airguns I wanted as a kid has grown in the short time since I checked in above.

I always thought the Walther LP53 was one of the best looking guns of any kind. Got one now. Early model, polished all over but with stamped markings, adjustable trigger.

I used to have a Webley Tempest. I'm not sure why I sold it, but I did. I now have another. Evidently it's an early one from what I've read, based on saying only "Tempest" instead of "Webley Tempest". It definitely shoots better groups than the other one I had.

And I have a Webley Hurricane coming from an auction win. I've never owned one of those before.

I'm still sorta kinda looking for a spring piston 10M rifle like an FWB 300s or Diana 75. Even niftier in my opinion would be a Walther SSP.
The problem there is I keep spending my money on air pistols. However, the more I check off my pistol want list the fewer will be in the way of getting a rifle, right?

Barry in IN

Post by Barry in IN » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Since posting the above, I've checked two items off my wish list.

First, I got a Walther LGR Universal. Made in 1982 per Walther. Nice rifle; I've been shooting it quite often. Finding excuses for bad shots is a strain. As a former NRA Highpower shooter who loved Offhand, its an absolute joy to shoot.

Then, I got an FWB 65 pistol. It's an early model with the first type of sights. It came with an optics mount that clamped around the barrel. Holy cow, although made of aluminum, the mount and optic weighed a ton, and it felt like every ounce was a foot in front of my hand. Though a red dot is becoming a near-necessity as I age, it had to go.
Now it feels great.
The mount and sight will stay handy for the inevitable day it's needed.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:38 pm

I have been shooting my LGR in the club rested competition, but am finding loading a chore.

It is a lovely rifle, but very tiring to shoot. I need to find a light, compact, PCP. The Air Arms S200T seems the obvious, but the trigger is very disappointing.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Barry in IN

Post by Barry in IN » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 pm

I'm shooting my LGR off the deck rail, so I can rest it there to cock it. I had read those complaints before getting it, but I guess it's no worse than what I've been using; just different. However, if I get much more serious, I'll buy or make an offhand stand.
It's knocking the pellets all over the back yard that worries me now.